Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary Movie

Options
  • 21-10-2005 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Watched about 20 minutes of Scary Movie last night. It was one of the worst pieces of film I have ever seen. Not one of the predictable and shallow gags was funny. The stereotypical black character was terrible, even if it was a parody of stereotypical black characters. What really baffles me is how they actually managed to make two sequels to this. I want my 20 minutes back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well I mean, you did only watch 20 minutes of it.

It's an alright film. It doesn't belong in the 60+ thread but it's not bad. The second it entertaining enough too. The third was just terrible. The first was the best though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

If the first was the best then I cannot understand anybody going to see the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

They where both terrible :rolleyes: , very very terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

FX Meister wrote:
    If the first was the best then I cannot understand anybody going to see the second.
    Maybe they thought the second would be better, no.

Anyways, the first one is pretty entertaining!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ok i admit I didnt watch the whole film (Id rather watch... well... anything really), but its one of the few films which gets a 0/10 in my books. Utter rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, you say you watched 20 minutes, and you express how confounded you are at how the film got 2 sequels?

This is a review how?

Honestly, don't post a thread like this in film reviews again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

i thought scary movie was gas, i think the more scary movies/ the movies they gag the better the movie. the second and third were absolutly terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Guys seriously its a spoof. Sterotypical blacks guys is what the wayans brothers do best. Have any of ye seen Dont be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood. Find it cos its one of the best spoofs ever made.

Maybe cause I reviewed the movie? It was hardly written, directed and shot with the future knowledge of the 20 minutes I was going to watch in mind and the rest made into a good film. I tried my best to sleep through Cast Away after I realised it was just an ad for Fed Ex. Does this mean I can't review the film? If I start to eat food from a restaurant but find an insect in my food and stop my dining does this mean I can't review the restaurant? Don't be so ignorant angel whore. I expect more from you. Wait. No. I don't.
    Right, you say you watched 20 minutes, and you express how confounded you are at how the film got 2 sequels?

This is a review how?

Honestly, don't post a thread like this in film reviews again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Watch it after taking mind-altering chemicals for full enjoyment. Don't take it so seriously, that's not the point. Watch The English Patient if you wanna see a serious film, otherwise shup up whining. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    I tried my best to sleep through Cast Away after I realised it was just an ad for Fed Ex. Does this mean I can't review the film?
    Pretty much, yeah.

If I start to eat food from a restaurant but find an insect in my food and stop my dining does this mean I can't review the restaurant?
    While an insect would prevent you from eating your food, a bad 5/10/20 mins. of a film wouldn't stop you from watching it all. And, if it does, then tough nuggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Scary movie 3 is actually really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

FX Meister wrote:
    Don't be so ignorant

Ignorant of what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tusky wrote:
    Scary movie 3 is actually really good.
    Yep... Scary Movie 3 was directed by David Zucker of Airplane and Naked Gun fame and has a lot of pretty funny moments in it.

The pisstake of The Others with Micheal Jackson is pretty funny. And there are a few pretty good jokes based around Signs.

The first 2 were horrible though...

No it wouldn't, pick it out and the foods still good to eat if you want to. Watch 20 minutes of a terrible film and it's your choise to waste your time watching the rest of it. I know what I'd rather do.
    While an insect would prevent you from eating your food, a bad 5/10/20 mins. of a film wouldn't stop you from watching it all. And, if it does, then tough nuggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sorry lads cant agree with ye there the first one is easily the best. I've seen the third one a few times and it just itsn't as good.I'm a huge fan of Leslie Neilson but he wasn't that good in this.

FX Meister wrote:
    Watch 20 minutes of a terrible film and it's your choise to waste your time watching the rest of it.
    And tell me, how do you know it's terrible if you've only watched 20 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

there is a really good joke in the 21st minute

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes and in the 22nd minute they started saying awful things about your mother. Too bad you stopped watching... you could have defended her.... you're a pretty terrible son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Get a life people...they're only a bit of fun....I remember watching scary movie in the cinema with a load of little french beers...I thought it was brilliant....granted when I rented on DVD a while later I was left scratching my head but hey...it's not out for any oscars...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

fade2black wrote:
    Get a life people...they're only a bit of fun....I remember watching scary movie in the cinema with a load of little french beers...I thought it was brilliant....granted when I rented on DVD a while later I was left scratching my head but hey...it's not out for any oscars...

what did the little french beers think of the movie tho...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

They thought it lagged a bit in the middle ebut wre happy enough over all.

*touche salesman

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Im always pleasantly surprised when a film i wasnt expecting comes on and this was a prime example... i sat, i slumped, i watched the whole thing with a stupid grin on my face. Chewing gum for the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is also the guy who awarded 40yr Old Virgin 0/10 and slated it as among worst movie ever.

Clearly a very serious guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

RuggieBear wrote:
    there is a really good joke in the 21st minute

LOL. Excellent.

The first Scary Movie was ok, and then they just get worse and worse. I'll agree you can review the restaurant after twenty minutes. but maybe not a film (especially not 20 minutes of one). Although there's no real connection between food or films (except that they both begin with f). I just don't think you should have posted the Scary movie thread here, maybe the 'Films' section would be more appropriate(I used to do the same thing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not a big fan of these 'parody movies' either. I guess the idea was welcome and fresh back when Airplane came out but by the time we got Naked Gun 2 1/2 saw the light of day I'd had more than enough for one lifetime.

I've seen Scary Movie (I think I only checked it out to see Carmen Elektra running around in the nip) but needless to say I won't be checking out 2 or 3 anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Anna Faris (Cindy) has actually signed up for Scary Movie 4.

Advertisement