Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science for LC

Options
  • 18-09-2001 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

What science subjuct should i take for my leaving cert?
    and where online can i get notes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well I liked physics (didn't do too well in it.. but I liked it :) ) , and applied maths isn't too bad.

leavingcert.net do some good notes afair ... but a quick search online will find notes on any subject or book ya want

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Well it all depends on what you want to do in college and where you're talents lay....

e.g. I'd have to say physics, but then again guess what I'm doin' at college :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My own experiece as a science grad that's employed in the software industry who did a conversion course to computers.

There are alot of physics grads who took that option and a fair number from the life sciences.

My own degree was in Geology, but very few jobs available, it is mostly academic posts. About half my year had to pursue other careers, still Geology is the best fun science subject you can do (week long fieldtrips - near pubs :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah i like geography and all and i'm taking it fir LC, but what kinda points and extra's does one need for Geology?, or is it a combination of grades and stuff?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

When I entered it was just for a general science degree and you got to choose your science subjects in college.
    Points wise, I am not sure, but I think in is about midway between the highest & lowest science subject points.
    The ucc geology site could provide your with more info. , my own recollections are years out of date. or else the Irish geolical assocation site.

http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/depts/geology/
    http://www.tcd.ie/Natural_Resources/Geoscience/iga.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

thanks

Advertisement