Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 remember Curious George?

Options
  • 21-10-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

I know there is a re-make movie coming out soon, but anytime I mention this lovable monkey to any1 they look at me like i have 10 heads.. am I the only one who remembers... I have teddies, books etc... it cant have been 'all in my head' surely not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ah yes Curious George, the curious little monkey. I remember him well.
    There is a slight send up of him on an episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns has a pet monkey named 'Furious George'. For some reason this name change had me in stitches.....even brings a smile to my face now.
    Also in another episode Homer reads a book to Maggie titled 'Curious George gets the Ebola Virus'.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Someone, can't remember who, has a pic of George in his sig. Fudgemonkey perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

In fact everyone knows George. He's done quite well for himself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sweetbeat

My kids named our cat curious george. We call her curious.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Nunu wrote:
    In fact everyone knows George. He's done quite well for himself....

Ohhh that is fantastic! I have a Curious G. teddy where he is dressed as a fireman... and he looks just like him, never noticed it before... scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I have a Cusious George t-shirt.

Its him in space with "Houston...we have a monkey" written under it.

Got it in California in May.

http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/features/cgsite/gamesandfun.shtml

I love that site... every1 gets C.G ecards from me!

Fireman George:
    43914.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Was it Curious George that had the friend "the man with the big hat" - basically a cowboy who owned him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Enii wrote:
    Was it Curious George that had the friend "the man with the big hat" - basically a cowboy who owned him?

Yeah, that was the one. The man was always dressed in yellow, if I remember... yep... I used to really like the Curious George books!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I'd imagine many of us were first exposed to Curious George when Anything Goes used show it on Saturday mornings.

Great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"curious george, the curious little monkey" what was the rest of the song...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hagar wrote:
    Someone, can't remember who, has a pic of George in his sig. Fudgemonkey perhaps?
    Many monkeys have graced my sig... but Curious George hasn't been one of them.

He is pretty cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

He was the man with the big yellow hat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What's the deal with Curious George anyway?

They refer to him as a monkey, but he clearly doesn't have a tail... is he merely a chimp or was he mutilated in some way perhaps when his curiousity about guillotines got the better of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Curious George,the curious little monkey.Here he comes,as curious as can be.Curious George, the curious little monkeee......Whats he up to? Let's go and see. I might be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

Ah curious george...I have a curious george teddy at home, he is a bit wrecked mund u...

Is he supposed to have no eyes etc?? Is that hy he's curious? :p

Curious%20George.jpg

No eyes? Seems kinda creepy to me... my curious george def has eyes.

Not long to go now.... getting excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Don't remember that dude at all! It's mad how theres some kids shows that I have never heard of. Was probably watchin The Snorks or something when Curious George was on.

Advertisement