Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Begins Deluxe DVD

Options
  • 21-10-2005 4:42pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a note. Exclusive Deluxe edition in HMV (€26.99) includes a "72 page collectible comic book featuring Detective Comics #27 - the very first BATMAN story". Nabbed it myself. Not cheap but nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Didn't see that, was in HMV today :mad: But I did see the crazy price of €29 that some shops were charging for the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

what are the extras like? I might give this a purchase.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Had to hold back my hand from this one today... so tempting, the hologram is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

hehe, got mine yesterday. The 72-page comic is a nice addition. It contains 3 issues of Batman stories. The first is "The man who falls" and you can see that the movie drew heavily from this. The second is the first ever Batman appearance in Detective Comics. It's incredibly crap and makes you wonder how Batman went from that to what he is today. The final issue is from "The Long Halloween" (my fav. Batman story). The artwork is amazing in this issue and for those who'v never read it, it is well worth checking out.

I went through all the extras on the DVD (in about 2/3 hours) and although the menus are very nicely presented as a mini comic that you can read through the extras themselves are 1) not very long/in depth and 2) can be annoying to find because of the menu system. The tumbler and fight/training features are the only ones I found really interesting. There wasn't much on the design of the suit & gadgets. It's talked about in one of the features but not enough to satisfy my curiosity. The villans section is very poor too. In fact there is no real discussion into why these character were chosen. Cillian Murphy doesn't even have a soundbite in the extras FFS. I would have liked if there was a section on the history of each of the villians (there is one, but it's all text :mad: boo) and how they were brought to the big screen. Overall, decent extras but could have done with a better section on the villans and gadgets.

I won't bother reviewing the movie. Most you have seen it already in cinema and if not, there are plenty of reviews of it out there.

Movie: 8.5/10
    72-page book: 8/10
    DVD Extras: 6/10

Advertisement