Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing contracts for a new house

Options
  • 21-10-2005 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im buying a new apartment and i've paid my holding deposit back in june but i've not signed my contracts yet. Im getting a bit worried the estate agent keeps telling me these things happen and contracts get delayed. Im just worried that the price will go up.

Has anyone had problems like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

carol6161 wrote:
    Im buying a new apartment and i've paid my holding deposit back in june but i've not signed my contracts yet. Im getting a bit worried the estate agent keeps telling me these things happen and contracts get delayed. Im just worried that the price will go up.

Has anyone had problems like this before?

Have you not appointed a solicitor? If not, get one now and the contracts will be sent to him or her directly. They will also be able to advise you on the status, and what your entitlements are WRT to purchase price etc.

My g/f and I had signed contracts within 2 months tops of putting our deposit down

Edit -> There is an accomodation / property forum (under the "shop" heading for some reason) which is probably a better place to post.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues.

Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 78,332 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A lot of builders have signed up to (voluntary) code of practice to prevent gazumping (changing the price before contracts have been signed).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi Carol,

Was about 3 months from the time I put down by booking deposit to when I paid the balance and signed the initial contracts.

Normally,once you have the holding depositdown even though it is no guarantee of it,most of the time they won't put the price up for you.

My type of house went up 10k from plans in the meatime but my house stayed the same price luckily!

It is really the worst bit of waiting tohugh as nothin is guranteed:( at least when it is months late at least you know it is yours.

Good luck with your apartment

Advertisement