Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De_Gravel - Gone Beta...

Options
  • 17-09-2001 11:03pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

De_Gravel has Gone Beta!
    Yep, after scrapping it lst year I brought it back to life with a few alternate textures, sounds, and other nice little touches...

Details:
    Type: Bomb Map
    Max Plrs: 10 v 10
    Size: Small
    Texture Wad: MegaMikeDeus2.wad
    Sky: Blue (Rotterdam Sky)
    Details: de_gravel, based within a semi-constructed housing estate on the coast of the UK, next to a vastly used Import Train Service. The location is being rebuilt after previous bomb attacks / bomb scares undertaken by unknow terrorist groups in the past.

So what exactly has changed since the very first crappy de_gravel!?

+Added New Ambient Sounds
    +Revamped map with new textures
    +Full VIS Compile has flattened most of the fps problems, but not all unfortunately
    +Destructable / bombable objects placed within the map
    +Added tremors (Oh and believe me it's class)
    +Changed skybox to more or a sun-rise setting, but kept the original lighting so it appears to be moonlit.
    +Map gameplay is much like Dust - Both teams collide quite quickly, so bombing one of the two locations may not always be the used option

-Removed excessive textures

It's only a test version basically, and considering it's my first map ever made, don't expect anything breathtaking - I mainly revamped it so it can be utilised for the upcoming VAR 2v2 / Olympic tourney's...

After a bit of testing I'll be adding a lot of prefabs, and making most of the buildings accessable (Generally spicing up the map a bit, and maybe expand it's size to that of Dust2)

The map will be going public on the VAR Server (var.irelandcs.com) soon, and when it is I'll make a download avaliable for everyone to test it out :)

I'll be concentrating on my next few maps, and they wont be half as ****ty as this :D

Enjoy :)

PS. PLEASE IGNORE THE AWFUL R_SPEEDS / FPS :D It's only a test version :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

+ I get to play it first :P

Cant wait rope it looks deadly !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Rope, rather 1337 werk there mate0r :)

gonna look for the mega mike wad as i am typing this :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Sorry about that - Im going to re-upload the pics to fix them...
    The D/L will be avaliable soon also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

man, the playtest was a laugh :)

now we need to get it on a non lag, non my isdn server :)

so we can all have a larf :D

seriously, grav changes + top money = 1337

drakE

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well de_gravel has been done and dusted - Had a 6v6 beta test on the var server (Yes, it's been uploaded there) and it went down a treat!

Despite the fact that spawn sites are directly next to eachother (Sort of - Lots of routes but the teams collide quite quickly) we had lots of fun and played the map for over 2 hours!

Now, files can be found here at http://www.smackdownwrestling.com/de_gravel/

Both files are needed - Instructions are on the site...
    If anyone is interested in a clan match / fart about / or a map test let me / Iceman / Chief or Occy know, and we'll fire up the map...

Sorry about the pics lads, the site builder is pretty fecked up at the moment... All in all the map went down very well - Can't wait to see it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

[00:47] <RopeDrink> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=278501&t=285#post278501
    [00:47] <VacilatoR> jesus rope
    [00:47] <VacilatoR> i swear
    [00:47] <SantaHoe> "ooh there's the 0.00000000000000000001 milliamps I was expecting! eurica!"
    [00:47] <VacilatoR> if this is about your poxy map

Thanks for the general support there Vac, considering im only bringing something new to the community...

Really appreciate it.

Advertisement