Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audience members wanted for the Brendan Courtney Show - TV3

Options
  • 21-10-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

The Brendan Courtney Show

Dublin’s own, Brendan Courtney, is set to host a brand spanking new chat show on TV3!
    The Brendan Courtney Show promises to entertain, excite and amuse, with a heady mix of celebrity interviews, topical comment, audience interaction, musical guests and fantastic competitions.
    The show, running from November to February, will be recorded on Monday evenings and we’re looking for enthusiastic, lively and energetic audience members who are up for a fun-filled evening.
    If you would like tickets and you are over 18 years, please mail your requests below. Please include a daytime contact number and email address.

Its best to get people to apply individually, however if you are applying on behalf of people, be sure to include their emails and contact numbers so we can contact them if needs be.

The Brendan Courtney Show, Produced by Green Inc Film & TV Ltd for TV3

Click Here to Apply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

who is brendan courtney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

madrab wrote:
    who is brendan courtney?
    1067861448049_0.8649757856614704.jpg
    Audience members wanted
    TV3 left wanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The Brendan Courtney Show

Dublin’s own, Brendan Courtney, is set to host a brand spanking new chat show on TV3!
    The Brendan Courtney Show promises to entertain, excite and amuse, with a heady mix of celebrity interviews, topical comment, audience interaction, musical guests and fantastic competitions.
    The show, running from November to February, will be recorded on Monday evenings and we’re looking for enthusiastic, lively and energetic audience members who are up for a fun-filled evening.
    If you would like tickets and you are over 18 years, please mail your requests below. Please include a daytime contact number and email address.

Its best to get people to apply individually, however if you are applying on behalf of people, be sure to include their emails and contact numbers so we can contact them if needs be.

The Brendan Courtney Show, Produced by Green Inc Film & TV Ltd for TV3

Click Here to Apply

Just out of interest... is the offside show coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

1067861448049_0.8649757856614704.jpg
    madrab wrote:
    who is brendan courtney?
    Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

wild horses couldn't drag me there

• Advertisement

is that the gay lad with the travel dating programme?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wanderlust being the show you are referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

pffft, this show won't even reach the dizzying lows of the dunphy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

any other predictions? tonights lotto numbers would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

NoelRock wrote:

Nope, it seems TV3 have decided it would be a good idea to cancel it before it got to popular!

I'd actually like to go to this, but I'm under 18... crap!!!

I know his fae and i know ihis name, but I dont know how I know him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

NoelRock wrote:

Unfortunatly no, tv3 decided to give the budget to this new show...ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Unfortunatly no, tv3 decided to give the budget to this new show...ahem

8 years on and they have

1. The number 1 breakfast show.
    2. Increased their audience from 3% to 15% in less then 4 years, thanks to Corrie
    3. Where last year able to reduse their Staff Cost (6.8million euro, 2004)
    4. Give about 50% of their revenune to Canwest, ITV and the Irish investors.

Yet some how cann't produce two prime time shows at the same time. :confused:

Good look to Brendan Cortney and his show lets hope it doesn't end up that
    TV3 have decided it would be a good idea to cancel it before it got to popular!

Just like the Offside Show and The Dunphy Show.

Oh but then its all the TV licences fault. :(
    I know his fae and i know ihis name, but I dont know how I know him!

Brendan also did Blind Date for a while with Cilla and he was on RTÉ over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Elmo wrote:
    1. The number 1 breakfast show.

is it ? i read that the repeats of the afternoon show get higher figures, although that was quoting anna nolan ... :confused:

Well they brag about beening number 1.

http://www.tv3.ie/media.php?action=news&id=68
    2. Ireland AM has a market share of 36% - more than RTE1, BBC1, UTV, Sky News and TG4 combined!

I wonder if the combin RTE TWO, RTE ONE, UTV and TG4 would it reach 36% of the audience? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It wouldn't interest me in the slightest, but at least they're making something, RTE can be just as low budget as TV3 with their own shows, look at Play it again des, Blizzard of odd, Tubrity Tonight, and others I can't think of... all low budget and based in small studios.
    They got burned with Dunphy, would have been fine going on a different night.

It's amazing to see the amount of money the BBC spends on shows without adverts, sure their licence is higher and they have more paying it, but still.
    Maybe TV3 should try and co-create shows (dramas) with American channels, like what BBC has done with HBO.

but at least they're making something,

But their not making an impact TV3 hasn't really got much going for them as far as Irish TV is concerned during prime time. The Brendan Cortney Show will be left on its own in a schedule of Cheap american imports. TV3 could have higher viewing figures if they produced something for after Coronation Street and Emmerdale.
    RTE can be just as low budget as TV3 with their own shows

And their is no reason why TV3 can make more low budget quality TV. The blizzard of Odd is excellent yet low budget. But TV3 aren't interested in making or commission Irish TV for Prime Time.

[shudder]Play it again des [/shudder]

I am not suggesting that Low budget is bad or that high budget is good. Often when you start Low you get High. (In so many ways lol)
    They got burned with Dunphy, would have been fine going on a different night.

Saturday Night was theirs for the taking but the were too big headed to go after it instead they insisted on going after Friday Night.

5 years without a Saturday Night Chat Show every year Up For The Match got 500,000 tuning in and still does.

TV3 didn't have to employ Dunphy on a Saturday night anyone could have taken saturday night on TV3 including NEW TALENT.

Show starts Wednesday the 9th of Novmeber @ 10pm.

12 episodes in all and will finish up in Feb. 2006.

Is it a comedy chat show type thing, like Conan O'Brein or Jay Leno etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

yes kinda, its tfi friday crossed with late late, bit like tubridys style

bit like tubridys style

Is that a joke??
    The newest Irish chat show... and TV3 decided the next one should be just like it!
    We need a pure comedy! TV3 should have a that starts every week with:
    "Live from Dublin, Its .... Night", that would be soooo great!

• Advertisement

To me it sounds more like NightHawks, where you have the audience milling around in the background.

But I am only coming to that conclusion since they are setting it in a venue.

Anyone have any NightHawks information for those of us how have never heard or seen it since we are too young.

(I am too young to actually remember it, no seriously I am still young, not that old, would have been long in bed before NightHawks started). :D

I don't think the should go for across between the Late Late and Turbirty. :rolleyes:
    We need a pure comedy!

In fairness it is nice to have some serious spots on a chat show. The could have Fiona Looney pulling pints in the background and as its getting funny have her interject with something she finds confussing but also serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm going to give it a go when it comes on TV! Bank of Ireland were guest speakers in our LCVP class last week and we watched a video about interviews and B.C. was on it. Actually, he made it quite funny!

I'm going to give it a go when it comes on TV! Bank of Ireland were guest speakers in our LCVP class last week and we watched a video about interviews and B.C. was on it. Actually, he made it quite funny!

So will I.

I don't remember him hosting Treasure Island. Was he the host of the live show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I think some people here are being a bit harsh on the man.

Brendan Courtney is a very good host I think, I thought Wanderlust was a great concept for a show and well hosted by him. He's laid back and doesn't come across as arrogant so why do people think it's automatically going to be a **** show?. At least the man has a bit of charisma, unlike the piece of plywood known as Ryan Tubridy.

I think some people here are being a bit harsh on the man.

There has only been one bad comment about the guy so far on this thread. I though wanderlust was a good concept, and he has made alot of money out of it.

Advertisement