Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to use bluetooth...

Options
  • 20-10-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to stick a bluetooth headset inside your helmet and work away with it while on the bike?

interested in 2 new phones, 1 with BT and the other without.
    Would be handy if I could use BT while on the bike..

Ignore the dangerous side of it please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Any headsets that would be comfortable inside a lid? None that I've seen.

And sorry, I can't ignore the dangerous side of it. We constantly give out about people yapping on the phone as they swerve between lanes or run us over and the like and seeing as roughly five times more concentration is required to ride a motorcycle than a car. Your also loosing one of your senses by having somebody yapping away in your ear.

Also, who do you really want to be talking to on your bike. You won't be able to screen calls and it'll probaly just be people calling to annoy you. Will you walk the dog when you get home, pick up some milk, go to a meeting about budget at 830 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes and no. It depends on the handset. Mine, for example, has voice dialling and auto-answer. So in theory, it should be completely feasible. Ignoring the danger part, the two big issues would be the headset not being able to pick up your voice correctly, due to the noise outside, and also you failing to hear the phone ring/failing to hear the person talking due to the noise outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Dunno... not too up on these new things, but I would have thought that if you can fit anything inside your helmet, then it isn't fitting you properly.

Just a thought. And i'd agree with one of the other posters that it'd probably be useless coz of wind noise, engine noise etc. I'd guess that the bike intercom systems are designed with specific noise filters, don't know if your type of headset would have these too.

Interested to hear how it works out in practice if you get it.

Ride safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

Motorola are bringing something out soon (hs 830)is bluetooth and had a boom on it,probably better though for an open face helmet, got no prices yet thought, waiting on them to land first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

BMW have helmets with built in Bluetooth...makes sense if you think of all the middle aged businessmen type gobsheens on their beemers of a summer's day! :p no offense OP!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Yeah. 500 Ballons for a BMW system five helmet. Then another 500 to get the blue tooth added to it.

Anybody running around with one of them has more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

a grand?!? Holy crap!! You could always just duck-tape your phone to the helmet and stick in on loudspeaker!!lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

You can buy a Dainese bluetooth helmet in bikeworld for 350euro. Looks very nice, although I can't vouch for the quality of the system.

Advertisement