Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sales position in Cisco

Options
  • 20-10-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

CISCO Inside Sales
    Based at Bedfont Lakes, Middlesex

Inside Sales Account Manager

Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm

The Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for developing revenue through telephone contact with end users in the Mid Market space, and partnering with Cisco Resellers to achieve revenue targets for sales within their given territory.

The Inside Sales Account Manager in the UK will be given a list of “Named Accounts” to work on, and also a geographical territory to cover. From time to time, the ISAM may be given additional data sources for end users within the territory which are not currently named to them, and these they must profile and add to their Named Account List as appropriate.

In this role, the ISAM will NOT be taking orders directly from End Users, but will work with Cisco Reseller Partners, who will quote and supply the end user. It is therefore important that a successful ISAM has an understanding of the Channel model, and ideally, experience with working with Partners.

The successful applicant will also have the following skills:
    • Ability to develop relationships with end user decision makers, understand their IT / Networking requirements, and define solutions which Cisco can offer to meet these requirements.
    • Knowledge of Cisco competitors and the ability to position Cisco against the competition wherever appropriate.
    • Qualification skills are essential, as are accurate forecasting skills, as each ISAM must produce a weekly forecast, which is submitted to senior management within Cisco.

The Inside Sales Rep will be measured on:

• Weekly Pipeline generated
    • Bookings revenue against target

• Number of conference calls involving Systems Engineers
    • Number of Accounts Contacted per week.
    • Activity with Reseller Partners

A Successful Inside Sales Account Manager will have the following:

• Articulate telephone manner.
    • Experienced user of MS Office applications
    • Previous usage of Contact Management Systems
    • Previous usage of web based applications
    • Knowledge of the IT industry
    • Power of persuasion, and ability to overcome objections
    • Formal sales training history
    • Previous experience in a target carrying role, and ability to demonstrate a successful track record of achievement against targets
    • Knowledge or experience of selling through Channels
    • Good work ethic, reliability, punctuality, integrity
    • Good communication and listening skills
    • Aptitude for learning
    • Ambition and will to succeed

Salary is 26k basic, 38k OTE (ie, if you are hitting your tagets), and it is GBP.
    It will involve a relocation if you live in ireland, but the role is to cover the irish territory, so it means there will be plenty of visits home!
    this is not a sales admin role, make no mistake, this is Account management first and foremost, and you do need experience in actual development of end users and channel partners and influencing sales and solutions. just being involved in fulfillment sales is not enough.

any questions post up or PM me if you want to submit a CV.

oh, and the biggest benefit is you will get to work with me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Hey WWM,

I work for Cisco in Amsterdam, almost 8 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im over there next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Nice one, weather is lovely here at the moment.

I've never been to Bedfont, or most of the European offices for that matter. The rest of my team is in San Jose so all my travel is to there......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

God dam stoners

Advertisement