Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Idea on the Water Cooling Front

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

62db? OMFG, whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thermaltake are cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

WTF!? That's weird looking...

"If it looks like an ugly garish piece of shít and comes from the Ugly Garish Shít Factory, it's probably an ugly garish piece of shít"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

meh, it's wayyy to big for just cooling the vid card, and anyway the cooler on the tidewater looks like a dual slot HSF which kinda defeats the purpose at 49 and 62dbA :rolleyes:

CC

• Advertisement

Where are people getting the 62dBA rating from?
    It states 12/19dB - which is a different unit to dBA first of all.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Thermaltake/TideWater/images/package2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah, Thermaltake are full of absolute bull**** as regards to dB figures. Don't believe them AT ALL. Don't even take them with a pinch of salt, just don't take them.
    There were 3 different kinds of fans in the last thermaltake case i had. They were all rated for the same dBA noise level by Thermaltake's "engineers". They all sounded COMPLETELY different. One of them you could barely hear while running at 1m, the other one was acceptable and the other one was just a joke. Same with all of their fans/cases/heatsinks in my experience.

The 62dBa ratings are from reviews where the guys actually MEASURED how loud they are, rather than crapping out a figure and putting it all over their product info.

TBH, it sounds like an incredible waste compared to a nice cheap NVSilencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It looks like aluminium. Any-body want to tell me what happens when you have water and aluminium in a wc loop.

Btw current specs;storm(swiftek),maze4,50z,120.2thermo.

Any metal is fine to watercool with, just dont mix metals. Theyll get all over each other, corroding, makin a horrible mess. So stick with Al or Cu or whatever, just don't mix em.

This thing is it's own closed loop anyway, so it can have whatever it wants in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thermaltake are most definetly crap. Awful awful products. Any I've ever bought I've brought back, and the same where I work. Customers kept bringing the stuff back- so we just stopped stocking it.

I bought a Tsunami before and the thing was crap. Flimsy, super super noisy and it had a hard time taking things into the 5.25" bays. So much so I got rid of it and bought myself a Stacker.

I've never looked back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eo980 wrote:
    Thermaltake are most definetly crap. Awful awful products. Any I've ever bought I've brought back, and the same where I work. Customers kept bringing the stuff back- so we just stopped stocking it.

I bought a Tsunami before and the thing was crap. Flimsy, super super noisy and it had a hard time taking things into the 5.25" bays. So much so I got rid of it and bought myself a Stacker.

I've never looked back!

go go stacker, they do rock.. got 2 at the moment, SO much space. lol
    as for the cooler, it looks ok, the results werent too bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

My Thermaltake PSU is excellent, dunno about this "crap" talk.

Any review of a thermaltake PSU i've seen before said that they were loud and the rails fluctuated to the absolute limits of whatever ATX spec the PSU was made to. Would have found out for myself but the reviews put me off too much.

I think that most of their sales come from the fact that theyre usually the most expensive option on a site like komplett or newegg, and that theyre shiney and colourful, catching the eyes of people who think that more expensive and more bling = better

Advertisement