Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse debug preference

Options
  • 20-10-2005 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

I recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.1 (Surpisingly faster than 3.0)
    I made the mistake of clicking yes for auto opening the debug perspective when a breakpoint is found. :(
    I can't find the option to turn that off! Does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Under window->preferences->RunDebug

Deselect "Activate the debug view when a breakpoint is hit"
    and the associated options below it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

thanks man!
    In case anyone else needs to do this
    I also had to select never in the options just below it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

vorbis wrote:
    I recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.1 (Surpisingly faster than 3.0)

I never will understand why people are suprised by newer versions of things being faster than the old version. If the new version was slower, people wouldn't upgrade...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

rsynnott wrote:
    I never will understand why people are suprised by newer versions of things being faster than the old version. If the new version was slower, people wouldn't upgrade...
    The upgrade was to add full Java 5 support I think; not to make it faster that's why it being faster was a pleasant surprise (I think they said they would tinker with it to make it faster in Linux though, not certain).

Advertisement