Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash barriers outside Raheen Industrial Estate

Options
  • 19-10-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Passing the Raheen industrial estate today and seen that there are crash barriers, like the ones you see on dual carriage ways, being erected on either side of the road leading up to the roundabout where Caseys, the southcourt, and the entrance to the raheen industrial estate are located.

They are in front of the bus stop blocking it in.

Anyone know why they are putting these up here of all places? Only thing i can think of is that they are digging something really really deep. but what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

They are up about 2 maybe 3 weeks now. The workers are painfully
    slow at doing what ever they are doing.

I asked some of the Bus Drivers what they were doing but none of them knew.

At first I thought they were putting in a Bus lane, taking away some of the green area
    to push the bus stop back a bit and adjust the path. But........they have not done any of this.

They seem to have dug a hole from the top bus stop (outside the flower shop) all
    the way down too the next bus stop at Raheen/Meadowvale cross. They also have
    cleared away a patch of Mud over the oppisate side of the road I thing they may
    put a shelter over that side from the looks of things.

One thing I would love to see is something like the Dart where theres a clock
    and sensors along the route where it tells you in minutes how long the bus
    is going to be. Better still have some sort of map with LEDs's that show you
    the progress of the bus. One of the biggest frustrations of waiting for the bus
    (sometimes over an hour!!) is the not knowing how long to wait before you
    give up and pay a a tenner for a cab into town.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

bullets.ie wrote:
    Better still have some sort of map with LEDs's that how you the progress of the bus.

No offence, but how long do you think that would last on a bustop in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

About as long as you would expect them to last anywhere else i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

They are currently pushing back the footpaths, Then they will be digging up the road and resurfucing it .. making it wider basically, but messing around!
    They knocked down a wall, and are now putting that up again about 50cm's in ... what a waste of money!
    Hopefully whatever they are doing with the road is good, they have space for a dual carrage way similar 6to that out by parkway

Advertisement