Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think?

Options
  • 19-10-2005 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I moved into a new house two weeks ago. Its really gorgeous - an old red brick with lovely wooden floors and done up extremely well. Living with two girls who are both sound as a pound.

Anyway, last night we were sitting down and I decided to ask whether or not they had heard me move about the second night I had stayed in the house. Y'see, as I related to amused workmates the following day, I had spent that night getting increasingly freaked out. I woke around 2:30 almost in a panic, totally convinced there was someone in the room. I scrambled to turn the lights on and scanned the room very nervously convinced there was someone in the room. Eventually I turned the light off and tried to get back to sleep. However, the next few hours were spent waking up, freaking out, then turning the light on. I went to the bathroom and splashed water on my face laughing at the absurdity of getting freaked out by what must have been bad dreams. Eventually, i had to sleep with the lights on.

In work I related by night of bad dreams and having to sleep with the light on to grunts of amusement. I dismissed it as just one of those things - I haven't had anything like that happen since I was a really young kid (I'm 25).

Anyway, last night I related the story to the two girls. The girl who owns the house then tells me that I'm not the only person to feel like that in the room. Two of her friends reported similiar feelings that someone was in the room when they were in bed. Furthermore, an ex tenant reported feeling 'something' on the landing outside the bathroom - a cold presence.

She said she checked all of this up and to her knowlege no one ever died in the house. The previous long term owners had been a family with a son that was mentally disabled in some way (senile at an early age with Parkinson like symptoms). Anyway, this guy spent all his days in the house under the care of a line of house keepers. Apparently the last one was an grumpy old cow who'd shout at him all the time. I don't think the guy is alive anymore but I'm pretty sure he didn't die in the house.

Anyway, all this has left me curious and a little bit nervous. What do you all think? Can a house be cleansed or something?

Cheers,
    QR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

yes it can be cleansed easily enough, have done a few now myself. I'd be happy to give you some advice if you like just send me a message. you could even do a basic one yourself it doesnt take much. Can guarantee that nothing will happen after it but i'm sure you're willing to try something ... or you'll be going thru a few bulbs while you're there!

6th

Advertisement