Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halloween Ball

Options
  • 19-10-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear anything??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There is one on Tuesday the 25th, downstairs in The Mezz, [the hub, but not the one *in* dcu, the one in TEMPLE BAR] from 8.30 is Redbrick's Halloween ball!

Two bands, fancy dress and some prizes[maybe] for best dressed!

Come one, come all.

€4 at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fresher2005

the official halloween ball is on thursday in the hub
    posters went up yday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

It says its in 'Bar X', anyone have any ideas where that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

its on campus. bar x just means a bar extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

the official halloween ball is on thursday in the hub
    posters went up yday i think

They did. The tickets are €8, DCU Drama will be having Rocky Horror on that night, so for all of you who want the chance to throw rice,and toilet roll around the place, or get soaked with a water gun, play with cigarette lighters this is the place to be, and the best thing about it is that you don't have to worry about making a mess because you won't be around for the big tidy up.

On a side note, on Wednesday night in the new bar, Film Soc and MPS (voted best society last year) are having a black and white night, there will be black and white food, decor and movies with a reel projector just to add some class. Anyone who wants can get dressed up in black and white and really get into the mood. So for a chilled out, relaxed night with some style come along on Wednesday Night.

And as already mentioned the redbrick one is in town as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well if its anything like the Freshers Ball Redbrick had then the Halloween Ball will be great craic so I'll definitly be going to that...

Havnt seen the posters for the DCU one though, what else is at it bar the Rocky Horror Picture thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

that mps thing sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

charba wrote:
    They did. The tickets are €8, DCU Drama will be having Rocky Horror on that night, so for all of you who want the chance to throw rice,and toilet roll around the place, or get soaked with a water gun, play with cigarette lighters this is the place to be, and the best thing about it is that you don't have to worry about making a mess because you won't be around for the big tidy up.

I am so there.
    On a side note, on Wednesday night in the new bar, Film Soc and MPS (voted best society last year) are having a black and white night, there will be black and white food, decor and movies with a reel projector just to add some class. Anyone who wants can get dressed up in black and white and really get into the mood. So for a chilled out, relaxed night with some style come along on Wednesday Night.

Also going to that.

Just got this! Looks like so much fun :)

Tickets for the Halloween Whore'or Fest 2005 are now on sale from the
    Students' Union Reception priced at €8. The Whore'or Fest is taking
    place in the Hub at 9pm on Thursday the 27th October.

The Hub will be transformed into a house of Whore'ors complete with
    horror movies, free punch, DEAD bands, ghosts, goblins, trick or treats,
    witches cauldrons, blood, fangs, pumpkins and more.

In association with DCU Drama, we are screening the Rocky Horror Picture
    Show in the Venue at 9.30pm. Afterwards prepare to scream as we show
    some of the scariest horror movies of all time.

Everyone is expected to arrive in fancy dress and prizes for the best,
    most unique, scariest and most improved on your original appearance will
    be given! We wanna see everyone whored up and gouled up!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Oh wow!!

Whore'or Fest here i come! :D

So many "boards" people going to the redbrick ball tonight? Think it'll be a whole lot of fun...

See you all there
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

We just bought 50quid worth of decorations, so it will be excellent.

And *everyone* so far is dressing up! w00t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Woohoo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Cool... wh*refest sounds like a blast... my ticket is no.10 ;)

is it just me or is the SU pretty cool?
    all the ents i've been to have been brilliant and they seem really nice
    in my college last year the SU there just hid in their offices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

We all know you've got some connection to the SU so stop trying to take us for fools.

Ok?

Thanks.

Oh and for those of you who are a little confused, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or funny.

well i did run for class rep :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Any idea on the numbers for the Hallow'een Whore'erfest tomorrow night? my ticket was number 10 ;) so ive not got a clue...

(costume done :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Well i'm number 9, so i'm REALLY not in the know!

It'd be nice to get somewhere near the number of people at the summer ball last year, but who knows. (best event imho, mmm)

Perhaps someone from the scc'll help you out :)

(Now to find a worthy costume... :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Amz wrote:
    We all know you've got some connection to the SU so stop trying to take us for fools.

Ok?

Thanks.

Oh and for those of you who are a little confused, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or funny.
    rawr!

:p

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jesjes/HalloweenBall2005/ || http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~twiggy/photos/Halloween/

Pics from RB halloween

Tonight should be good. Rocky Horror and Wh0res. w00t

• Advertisement
Advertisement