Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Dublin

Options
  • 19-10-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

My two friends are organising a work-event next December and need some help finding ideas...

It's for a group of (maximum) 80 (german) people and it has to be some evening during the week. €15 per person max.

So far, their options are:

- paintball
    - go-karting
    - a night out to Johnny Fox's
    - go out to the laughter lounge

Any more ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

you wont get far with €15.. cinema.. :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Forget about the karting and paintballing too, they would struggle to cater for 80 people.. well the bigger ones like skirmish in Wicklow might manage but not on €15 a head..

Think your best bet is something like the night out in Johnny Foxes and even then you're gonna struggle with €15.. But it might cover a meal and entertainment. They should get their own drinks.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

the laughter lounge is gone!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Book a room at one of the dog tracks... My old job brought us there a few years back for a xmas night out and it was great crack, then again for 15 quid a head I dont know if you'll afford a room but you could still go and just place a few bets and they serve food like chips and sausages as well and of course theres a full bar... I think its about 3 or 4 quid in each... Dont quote me on that tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

xzanti wrote:
    Book a room at one of the dog tracks... My old job brought us there a few years back for a xmas night out and it was great crack, then again for 15 quid a head I dont know if you'll afford a room but you could still go and just place a few bets and they serve food like chips and sausages as well and of course theres a full bar... I think its about 3 or 4 quid in each... Dont quote me on that tho..

Shelbourne Dogtrack do a €10 sizzler deal ( 20+ guests).
    €10 gets you entry to track, sasuage and chips, race card, €1 tote bet and €1 off your 1st drink.
    The rooms can be booked but they usually cost more than €15 a head.
    Race nights are Wednesday/Thursday and Saturday. 01 6683502
    Its a great night and works out quite cheap when on a tight budget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Suziblue

ice skating in smithfield?

Advertisement