Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Region-Free DVD Player

Options
  • 16-09-2001 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Could someone recommend me a region free dvd player for a price under 300, and where to purchase it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Try scam, I mean scan.
    http://www.scan.co.uk

Wait for it to be the daily special. It comes around every 8 or 9 days I think.

Theres some very very nice region free players. Actually as I write this its the daily special.

ADL 528 DVD

Dolby Digital 5.1 Channel Decoder / Output
    45 Key Remote Control w/Batteries
    PAL/NTSC Dual TV System with Selectable Output.
    Discs & Formats: DVD, CD, MP3, CD-R/RW, VCD, SVCD
    (2) Headphone Jacks, each with Volume Control
    The new AD-L 528 is a state-of-the-art DVD and Home Entertainment unit, featuring support for MP3, CD and VCD formats, as well as DVD. The powerful 81Mhz/32-Bit RISC Main CPU and 24-Bit Video Processor combine to give you outstanding video quality at 16-Bit resolution (YUV). And it's Multi-Region to!

£94.00 STG Ex Vat

Also Argos sell one that can be turned multi-region through a code tapped in on the remote.

If you want a really good one, look for one that gets around macrovision. That way you can backup all your movies on videotape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Thanks mate :) , i'll be buying this then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

A little pricier, but a significantly better player:

http://www.scan.co.uk/sc-2000.htm

As a happy owner of one of these babies for almost a year now I can heartily recommend it - it's had VERY heavy use, but I've never had a moments bother from it, and it's multi-region, multi-standard in the true sense of the word.

Fantastic player with better features and options than many players above the £300 line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

does anyone know of any sites selling players qouted in irish punts

Advertisement