Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best road to drive on

Options
  • 18-10-2005 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone has their own favorite local roads to drive, but which of the main roads around the country do you love driving?

For me its the N4 between Palmerstown and the roundabout at Kilmainham inbound towards the city centre. The long sweeping bends remind me of a race track, thank god the gaurds neevr have speed traps along that strech or I'd be ****ed!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Spogpean wrote:
    ...thank god the gaurds neevr have speed traps along that strech or I'd be ****ed!! :D
    Expect a fcuking then cos they sit under the pedestrian bridge on a regular basis.

I like the R730 in Wexford, recently resurfaced-great fun on 2 wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

dont really have a specific road ro streach. I try to head off in differant directions each time, find new places. But I have to say that areas like houth, between Droheda and Dundalk, between Bray and Wicklow. Back roads and so on.
    I love going in no particular direction. I have a friend that comes along some times. When we stop at a junction I'd ask "left or right?" then we go that way. Sometimes I make random choices. Exploring, so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

murphaph wrote:
    Expect a fcuking then cos they sit under the pedestrian bridge on a regular basis.

Never seen em there. I always see them on the road betwween the Kilmainham roundabout and Heuston though. Sneaky bastards.

Try the UK, Motorway cops just leave you alone as long as your not taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Spogpean wrote:
    Never seen em there. I always see them on the road betwween the Kilmainham roundabout and Heuston though. Sneaky bastards.

Having travelled this road more or less daily for 10+ years, I would have to agree with Murphaph - I think you are in for a surprise if you think the guards are never there.

I don't think you can call the guards sneaky for being on this section of road ... it would be sneaky if there was somewhere to hide, but I don't think there is. What is slightly sneaky is the temporary van gatso that is sometimes to be seen parked up on the road coming out from town between Heuston and Kilmainham ... anything else doesn't count as 'sneaky' in my book.

On a side note, a surprise I got on this road was a stray horse coming round the right hand bend at the bottom of the hill before pedestrian bridge ... idly making his way back towards Ballyfermot. Would have much preferred to see a garda speed trap than a horse's arse that day!!!

Ride safely!

• Advertisement

Elfish wrote:
    Would have much preferred to see a garda speed trap than a horse's arse that day!!!
    Police Acadamy flashbacks!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I find parts of the Tallaght to Blessington road quite enjoyable.
    Not for speeding - just nice sweeping roads to drive on.

Also across the Wicklow gap .......then I would say that been a 'Wicklaman' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Theres a stretch between strokestown and tarmonbarry that was re-surfaced last year and it is such a pleasure to drive on.A few miles long,very little traffic.One of the smoothest roads I've travelled on.

Advertisement