Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK so your langers and your hungry......

Options
  • 16-09-2001 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

Whats the first thing you get a craving for after a drinking session. Personally I think a cheese and Branston pickle sandwich is the dogs bollox. I no the natural thing is to go for a burger and chips but its not the same:(

Any thoughts:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Either pizza or a hillbillys breast in a bun.

I'd find myself with a need for fast food after a good long session, but the funniest is the morning after munchies... went through a sliced pan's worth of toast and a 2ltr bottle of coke one morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Jackie Lennoxs curry and chips.

Or KCs in Douglas chips and a Polynesian.
    Oooh luxury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I used to get craving but anymore. The only two conditions I look for are...
    (1) Anything Easy
    (2)And lost of it

SORTED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There's something i like to munch on after a few drinks, but this is a family bulletin board... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Yeah I am a fast food freak after a night out. TBH during the day I tend not to eat that much red meat, but when I have a few drinks in me, I could start eating the stuff while it's still alive. :rolleyes:

But if you are in Galway, there is a class pace that doesn't seem to have a 20 - 30 min queue across from the Cornstore called Charcoal Grill. They do kebabs and the likes and nearly get you to fill out a form like Subway. As in do you want this or that and this or some or those etc. I hate going to places likes Supermacs coz you will probably get roped in to some stupid bogger testosterone contest, and end up killing eachother. So what me and me mates do is leg it down to this place and always get what we want straight away.

It's run by Spanish guys (I think they are Spanish, well they can't understand a word I say anyway :rolleyes: )

In Castlebar I usually toddle off to Caffolas, but not anymore. The last two times I have been in there the food was not cooked properly and made me sick. There is nothing worse than having your burger scream in pain and have it shoot blood at you upon first bite :mad:

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by yellum

.....and a Polynesian.
    Oooh luxury.

So basically you're saying the same as Sico? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

it's a false hunger.. go to bed is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    it's a false hunger.. go to bed is my advice.

Tried that before and couldn't go to sleep because of the hunger. Plus food is nicer when you've had a few, so why deprive yourself of a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Head straight down to John Graces for 2 breasts in a bun and watch the scraps outside. Saturday night fight night!

Ladies and gentlemen in the red corner Dinzer Murphy and his 25 16 year old buddies and in the blue corner some poor c*nt who looked at Dinzer's old doll sideways.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Bacon Fries - it's like a whole pig compressed into a small strip of bacon flavoured crisps. Om nyom nyom.

-Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    Ladies and gentlemen in the red corner Dinzer Murphy and his 25 16 year old buddies and in the blue corner some poor c*nt who looked at Dinzer's old doll sideways.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

ROFL :)

This is soooo true. It's like you drop a chip on the ground, and the apparent shockwave from that chip hitting the ground is enough to pi$$ wee Dinzer off!

Get a life scumbagz ;)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

ketchup sandwichs *note: has to be chef ketchup*

Originally posted by Dave
    Bacon Fries - it's like a whole pig compressed into a small strip of bacon flavoured crisps. Om nyom nyom.

-Dave

My friend such a delicasy is for during alcohol consumption use only! I swear a few packs of these things really hits the spot when throwing back a few and you're a little peckish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Before: nothing, you can get drunker faster on an empty stomach :)

During: Those hot peanut thingies in the spicy shell (no idea what they're called but Mmmmm they're good). Five of us once emptied the whole thing in a lock in.

After: head to KC's in Douglas, my god that creole....it's too good.... Mmmmm.....I think I'm gonna head down for one now :p

[edit]
    Yes, I'm a fat b@stard, and I love it :)
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So my cholestorol level is something like 7.0 (when it should be 4.0) so i haven't had a burger or kebab in about 3 weeks (had a handful of chips and one deep fired chicken breast. It was an easy decision once i was told. However, I still worry about my sugar and chocolate consumption (a certain craving). Sorry lads, no more chippers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Sico
    There's something i like to munch on after a few drinks, but this is a family bulletin board... :p

Hence the name.....

I also sample the delicacys of Cafollas in castlebar, i would recomend the battered sausages, theyre gr8.

But if im back at the gaff and im not completely ossified/inebriated then i might try to whip up some koka noodles. mmmmmmmmmm curry flavoured noodles mmmmmmmmmm mmmmm m m m

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dry bread n' water, though the floor gets slippery.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement