Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Else is there to DO!!!!

Options
  • 18-10-2005 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all I'm looking for any suggestions of what to do iin Limeick in the evening besides the pub or the flicks. I remember being at a kinda Kids play arena in the stats except geared at adults. Swings climbing frames slides ball pools the whole lot all geared at people between the ages of 18 and 35. Plus I think Limeick could do with more than one Funderland visit a year and there is none this year. At least we get the ice rink again though.

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Bowling, Paintball (might be closed this time of year, not sure), pub crawl, go and support a local sports team eg. Limerick FC or the basketball team, indoor soccer hall (moylish), indoor hockey, hurling, basketball etc or look at the sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I guess by the way your talking that your on about stuff for people under 18
    Im 15 and when i go to limerick city its usually always for shopping but also for going to training and the cinema sometimes
    oh and if theres a match on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Its just simple there is nothing else to do, god this is a sad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I worked in Funderland once and to be quite honest I believe that Limerick could do without more than one visit from them a year. That's just my own grudge against the place showing.

I suppose you could check out the Limerick Event Guide too for details about concerts, exhibitions and that sort of thing. There are nice walks in the city environs, such as Cratloe Woods, Castleconnel and Curraghchase. There's gokarting in Kilcornan. The problem with all those places though is that you really need your own car to get to them.

What do other places have that you can't do in Limerick? You're mention of the adults play area is all well and good, but we have paintball which is kind of similar, ok maybe not, but it's not like you'd go to either of them, the paintball or play area, every week, is it?

I think the ice rink is great, it would be cool if they opened a permanent one hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Gaf your dead rite as a non car owner I can't get around as easy and public transport in town ain't great. I fuly agree bout the ice rink though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I think a permanent Ice Rink would be less special, because it would have to be designed for preformance skating and Ice Hockey (to keep it going), it wouldnt have a christmas athmosphere and just wouldnt be as special... saying that, I would love to see a permanent Ice Rink, but is Limerick big enough???
    I think more free events are needed, or cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

In this week's Limerick Leader, in an article about Thomond Park, the journalist mentioned something about an 8000 seater auditorium that's in the pipeline for Limerick. Has anybody heard anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If yer over 16 and are free in the evenings
    Limerick School of Arms teach classical Fencing
    Every Mon-Thurs 18:50 - 21:40
    http://www.skynet.ie/~nvl/lsa/main.php

I have been going there for a few months
    and think its interesting and a great way to keep fit,
    although to get any satisfaction from the pasttime
    you need to put in a long term effort.

Its perfectly safe does not hurt or anything.
    Lessons are cheap at 6.50 a pop. Its unlike Sports fencing thats
    on the telly, in the sense that it teaches you how the weapons were
    used in real life.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Bullets that is the most original one yet again great idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephmurph

If you're interested in music (listening or playing), check out the Articulate sessions on a monday night in the Sally Port, or every second Weds in Riddlers. Also open mic session in Trinity rooms on Tuesday - get there early and there wont be anyone on the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

play rpgs at the gathering. its next to the comic store on upper william str.
    great craic.

Advertisement