Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remaking BAD films.

Options
  • 17-10-2005 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Ok the general idea hollywood have up its arse is to remake a good film for its financial pull with fans of the original.

As this is true but most fans of the original still hate the remake i have decided to start a thread devoid of financial thinking.

Think of a bad film.

It cannot be an adaptation of a tv series or computer game, or a extremely popular bestseller.

I'm talking about a film you saw not because it was based on something you liked, its a film you took a chance on and came out horribly horribly cheated. (i guess historical films and biography films are ok).

Now post here with that film in thought, and explain if it was remade, what would you change.

Would it be technical clean up (good script and idea, bad implementation).

Would it be a specific plot or character change.

Or would you like they kept a golden nugget of an idea and changed everything else around it.

Or would it be a simple cast change.

film can be very recent or as old as you want it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Its a very good but a very hard question. I cant think of any bad films that I would like to see again. Maybe the first two Star Wars movies (Episodes 1 and 2 by the way)and the second two Matrix movies. But only because they are movies that changed a lot in regards Sci-Fi and action movies.
    If I was to remake the first Star Wars movie I'd get rid of that stupid kid who played Anakin anyway. Delete that race that shows off his "powers" and of course Jar Jar Binks. A lot of that movie was just an advert for Industrial Light and Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Mean Creek.
    Speed it up a good bit with less morals and more fat kids coming back from the dead and reaping bloody revenge on unsuspecting subruban white trash.
    A lot of that movie was just an advert for Industrial Light and Magic
    It's the Doom3 of motion pictures.

Advertisement