Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George A. Romero interview, LOTD as 4th of 6 "Dead" films.

Options
  • 17-10-2005 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

From www.bloody-disgusting.com
    TEN MINUTES WITH
    DIRECTOR GEORGE ROMERO
    By Elaine Lamkin

I recently had the brief but very pleasurable opportunity to speak with George “Call me George” Romero about current and future projects he is working on while at the same time promoting his current film, Land of the Dead. George will also be appearing at this year’s Chiller Theatre, October 28-30 at The Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ along with former Romero co-stars Judith O’Dea and Ken Foree, so far.

BD: Will there be a sequel to your current film, “Land of the Dead”?

GR: If I live, I hope so. I’d like to wait until something else happens in the world to generate a new idea but with things the way they are now, it could be a dirty bomb and…that’s all folks. But yes, my plan is for “Land of the Dead” to be the 4th of six films.

BD: I heard a rumor that the next film might be titled “World of the Dead”. Any credence to that rumor?

GR: That has nothing to do with me, never heard of it. But if you know who IS doing such a film, have him give me a call.

BD: What happened with you and “Masters of Horror”? Why did you drop out?

GR: I didn’t so much “drop out” as “run out of time”. I was working with Mick Garris, who is a wonderful guy, and I wanted to write my own thing for the series but the time simply wasn’t there. I’m still working on my story now, while I’m promoting “Land of the Dead” so hopefully, if “Masters of Horror” gets picked up, I’ll get another shot at doing it for the series.

BD: I have heard that you may be adapting one of Stephen King’s novels. What’s the truth behind that rumor?

GR: No rumor. Steve and I go way back and he’s a great guy and I wanted to do “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon”, which is a wonderful story. I’ve actually already written the adaptation and wanted Dakota Fanning for the lead role. But Hollywood thought the story was “too soft”, especially with my name attached to it so it’s on hold for now. But we came VERY close to doing it! Perhaps one day soon…

BD: You are going to be at Chiller at the end of October. How many of your former actors do you expect will be there with you?

GR: I have no idea! I have a manager who simply tells me to be somewhere and I show up. I know Ken (Foree) will be there as he’s always there and you can’t miss him, he’s such a big guy. And Judy O’Dea is supposed to show up. Other than them, I haven’t a clue. But everyone make sure and stop by to say “Hi” at the very least because I KNOW I’ll be there!

Interview by Elaine Lamkin
    October 2005

6 films! Am I the only one excited? I doubt it, I can already hear Koneko's drool sploshing on the floor from here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

From www.bloody-disgusting.com
    I can already hear Koneko's drool sploshing on the floor from here.

Yeah, she really should get that checked out. Tis a nasty drool problem shes got. Me is very excited and I havent even see Land yet! Havent had time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I'm excited alright, but I hope he improves on Land of the Dead significantly. I would have to see three average movies follow one of my favourite trilogies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lodgepole wrote:
    I'm excited alright, but I hope he improves on Land of the Dead significantly. I would have to see three average movies follow one of my favourite trilogies.

I don't know, I loved Land Of The Dead, but it was probably the weakest, mainly due to the ending.
    What on earth was with the whole "They're just looking for somewhere to go" rubbish? Looked to me like Big Daddy took to attacking Fiddler's Green out of revenge, as the lads raided his town.
    That said, I simply wouldn't call it average.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

More Zombie films has to be a good thing. Hope they get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I really liked 'Land of the Dead', though I'd agree about the ending.
    Since when do flesh-eating murderous zombies not warrant a bullet in the head? Just cos "they're looking for somewhere to go" doesn't make them any less murderous and ya know, FLESH-EATING :rolleyes:

I'd probably pick 'Day of the Dead' as the weakest of the first four films, just because all the characters were so deeply unlikeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

TCamen wrote:
    I really liked 'Land of the Dead', though I'd agree about the ending.
    Since when do flesh-eating murderous zombies not warrant a bullet in the head? Just cos "they're looking for somewhere to go" doesn't make them any less murderous and ya know, FLESH-EATING :rolleyes:

I'd probably pick 'Day of the Dead' as the weakest of the first four films, just because all the characters were so deeply unlikeable.

I <3 Day. Why do people always feel the need to pick a best and worst of a series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Why do people always feel the need to pick a best and worst of a series.

Same reason as threads about 'Best Horror Film Ever' are always popular -- Everyone has their favourites, it's normal to talk about what you like/don't like? Same as we always talk about what the good/bad points of a given film are. I think it's perfectly acceptable, as you can connect with people easier if there's common ground and similar tastes.

Someone picking a different least favourite/favourite (in this case the 'Dead' movies) doesn't really matter a great deal to me. It's interesting to note what other people think, but it doesn't make me question my choices (too much). :)

Looking @ recent horror films on the Film Review forum, 'Wolf Creek'* divided a lot of people, but I don't think it always has to descend into "My opinion is more valid than yours" is that's what you're getting at?

*I really didn't like it. Anyone who liked it is wrong.

Advertisement