Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Parade? Yay or Nay?

Options
  • 17-10-2005 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about these Canadian lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loz84

I only got the album the other day but I really like it. It's really good, kind of a mixture of The Decemberists and Modest Mouse - not surprising since one of Modest Mouse produced it. Definitely recommended. They're playing Whelan's in November too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

A thousand times yay.

Arlen (le drummer) e-mailed me back, when I e-mailed him, and told me when the show was, AGES before it was announced.

It made me feel so special.

An excellent band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've only heard a song or two but I'll be checking them out when they play Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yeah they are really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Yay yay yay yay yay.

That is all.

Get the album, you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 daveymack

Thanks guys, waiting on the Wolf Parade cd to arrive from Amazon. Heard one song and bought it on the strength of it. Didn't know they were playing Whelan's...excellent. By-the-way, the person who mentioed the Decemberists...I tried to get their last cd in Tower, said it wasn't available - had to import. I don't want to order off the web, takes too long! Did you buy them in Dublin?

Also - for you folks - check out www.insound.com, great selection of the latest and greatest from US and beyond. For a radio station I highly, highly recommend www.3wk.com !!

Cheers,
    Mack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gotta say it's a nay from me. After hearing a good bit of hype and comparisons to Arcade Fire I decided i'd give it a go. I really don't see anything out of the ordinary on this album.

Try City Discs for Decemberists.

Got my Wolfie ticket. Phase one of See-Wolf-Parade-2005 complete. Phase 2 - look older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What date are they playing again?

27th November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I heard they're also playing the Voodoo Lounge when they're here.

No. They were planning on playing it (that's what Arlen's e-mail said), but upgraded to Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loz84

daveymack wrote:
    Thanks guys, waiting on the Wolf Parade cd to arrive from Amazon. Heard one song and bought it on the strength of it. Didn't know they were playing Whelan's...excellent. By-the-way, the person who mentioed the Decemberists...I tried to get their last cd in Tower, said it wasn't available - had to import. I don't want to order off the web, takes too long! Did you buy them in Dublin?

Also - for you folks - check out www.insound.com, great selection of the latest and greatest from US and beyond. For a radio station I highly, highly recommend www.3wk.com !!

Cheers,
    Mack

I got my Decemberists ages ago so I ordered it off the net, but I've seen it in a few shops here - try Virgin or HMV, I've definitely seen it in Virgin. I think it got a UK/Irish release about two months ago. It's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

I've only heard the two songs they have available to download from www.download.com and I think they're really good. I also hear a definite Modest Mouse influence.
    I'll have to get their album. What's it called?

McFiddler wrote:
    I've only heard the two songs they have available to download from www.download.com and I think they're really good. I also hear a definite Modest Mouse influence.
    I'll have to get their album. What's it called?

Apologies to the Queen Mary ;#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smerk

I cant say Im a huge fan, though I havent given it a big go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mrwyoming

I don't think it's the sort of album you take to in that duck-flop to water sort of way...

But it does grow - heavily. I can't get enough of "I'll believe in anything." It's utterly captivating... though I think "Modern World" has it's place in an ear-phoned walk on an empty street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

And The Strutts will be supporting Wolf Parade on the 27th of November in whelans. You can listen to The Strutts at http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/682/

Advertisement