Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History of Museums

Options
  • 16-10-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

i need to find some general information on the history of museums, where they originated, how they developed etc. for a college thesis but having difficulty finding info on the net. any time i search for 'history' + 'museums' i just get lists of history museums (obviously). tried loads of other searches aswell but no luck. anyone have good websites or where i can get info. i've tried libraries aswell but to no avail.
    cheers
    j
    p.s. dunno if this is posted in the right place so move it if its not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You could try ringing different museums, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

The internet isn't the only tool. Try talking to people, reading books and other resources.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sushi

Try museum development or maybe 'cabinets of curiosities' as they were knwn in ye olden days. Also some archaeology textbooks especially those pertaining to presentation to the public deal with the history of museums. I also have a list of some readings I did for my museums class, if you still have no luck googling or whatever send a PM.

Advertisement