Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Shops

Options
  • 16-10-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy laptops in Kilkenny? Does that place in Rose-Inn Street sell them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Get one online.... www.komplett.ie or dell, or somewhere else!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

they do offers , 799.00 nt bad depending what you're looking for, and I find Martin an honest kinda guy

but I'd probably say go with dell too

dont forget to try dell "outlet" sometimes u catch a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is/was a horrible compustore in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Brian017

Bond-007 wrote:
    There is/was a horrible compustore in the city?
    That's closed, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Brian017 wrote:
    That's closed, I think.

It's no longer Compustore, but it's still there under another name. Can't remember what it's called. It's still a scary place to go. I went in there a couple of weeks ago to get a copy of XP Home and they tried to sell me a copy that didn't have the authenticity sticker on, infact both of their copies of XP Home didn't have the sticker. :eek:

Ended up going for the upgrade package and installing Win 98 first then upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Brian017 wrote:
    Where's the best place to buy laptops in Kilkenny? Does that place in Rose-Inn Street sell them?

Thanks.

That place is called A to Z Computers, you can check out their stuff here..

AtoZ Computers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hmm weird, could have swore I replied to this thread....yet no sign of my post

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Yeah my reply is gone as well?
    There is a Siemens Laptop coming up for sale in Dunnes Stores??!! in near future. €750 and pretty good spec with case. Its got the DVD dual layer burner 40Gig hard drive XP etc etc. Only had a glance at it but seems pretty ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you posted around the first day boards was upgraded to vbulletin 3.5 and the new servers, your posts were probably lost. Apparently the database got trashed and had to be restored from backups, so anything posted after approximately 3 am the previous night was lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

compustore is now called quinn computers, (as the old manager of compustore, john quinn mow runs it).

dunno what their prices are like, but i doubt i'd be buying one in there to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

No its not. Compustore is now Game Stop and they good bargains.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You = wrong.
    Gamestop occupy the old unit compustore had in the market cross shopping centre. Compustore moved down to the arcade down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

gamestop sell games!!

Theres all ways the computer center but i always thought that place was dodge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Compustore in the arcade is now called Quinn Computors IIRC

Advertisement