Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey

Options
  • 15-10-2005 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Southpaw Grammar by some considerable distance. One of the most underrated albums ever.

What's your favourite Morrissey LP? 24 votes

Viva Hate
    0%
    Kill Uncle
    20%
    buzzerbuckleyumapadraig_fTomohawkdearheart 5 votes
    Your Arsenal
    16%
    ro_GSteve_ovibrantKingmaker 4 votes
    Vauxhall And I
    8%
    Ciaran*Loz84 2 votes
    Southpaw Grammar
    29%
    mblu_sonicJonny ArsonAmazotheamazingAtrocityValmont6am7f9zxrsjvnb 7 votes
    Maladjusted
    25%
    Doctor JnlgbbbblthJohnPeter CollinsIanCurtisNewbridgeIR 6 votes
    You Are The Quarry
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Maladjusted
    I'd have to agree. Unfortunately I only had illegal copies of all Morrissey's albums before You are the Quarry and the computer they were stored on has died. I really need to buy them again. Although my fave Morrissey song is "Every Day is like Sunday"

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Kill Uncle
    Southpaw is one of the weakest. Viva just ahead of Vauxhall and the quarry

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

Southpaw Grammar
    Southpaw Grammar ? You have got to be joking !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

I think 'Vauxhall and I' is his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted are pretty much without any charm. The Operation and Trouble Loves Me being the two best songs respectively IMO.
    You are the Quarry was a fine return to form, and is probably his most consisten album. Viva Hate is classic Morrrissey, but Vauxhall and I is a close second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Maladjusted
    m wrote:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

m wrote:
    wow he has a different opinion than anyone else on the internet.

what are the chances of that like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭uma

Kill Uncle
    Cremo wrote:
    wow he has a different opinion than anyone else on the internet.

what are the chances of that like?

Southpaw is considered by all and sundry his worst album, including the man himself !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

uma wrote:
    Southpaw is considered by all and sundry his worst album, including the man himself !
    that shouldn't matter who doesn't like it.

everyone's opinion is different as we are all different people.

but i can see where you're coming from, weezer's frontman - Rivers Cuomo - hates his second album (pinkerton) due to the fact that it flopped upon release, although now it's held in high acclaim by a lot - but not all - weezer fans.

i think stev-o (from jackass) said it best about music.

"music is like food you don't feel like having cake everyday, sometimes i want a different food."

someone may like pizza, whereas i don't (just an example i actually really love pizza). everyone's different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Maladjusted
    Quite a few people consider Kill Uncle to be his worst.

TO BE FINISHED WOULD BE A RELIEF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Southpaw Grammar
    I'm really looking forward to Mozza's new ablum in the new year. If it's half as good as You Are the Quarry it should be fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loz84

Vauxhall And I
    Morgans wrote:
    Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted are pretty much without any charm. The Operation and Trouble Loves Me being the two best songs respectively IMO.
    You are the Quarry was a fine return to form, and is probably his most consisten album. Viva Hate is classic Morrrissey, but Vauxhall and I is a close second.

Agreed about Southpaw... And although I do love Vauxhall and I, Your Arsenal holds a special place in my heart. I love the glamour of it - there's not a bad song there. But Vauxhall and I is incredibly mature and polished, Moz at his songwriting best. Wonderful, wonderful album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Maladjusted
    uma wrote:

Oh well if Morrissey thinks it's his worst then I must change my opinion because I value everything he says so highly *continues to eat ham sandwich*

Different people get different things from music, just because you haven't reached a plane of musical existance to appreciate Southpaw Grammar and have to stick with what the mob think is good don't come crying to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

You are the Quarry over Viva Hate over a kinda weak field...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Southpaw Grammar
    Vauxhall and I is my favourite album of all time

Bela says: "I agree with Atrocity"
    bela.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

1 you are the quarry
    2viva hate
    3 vauxhall and I
    4 your arsenal
    5malajusted
    6 kill uncle
    7southpaw grammar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wheres the "atari jaguar" option in the poll.... cause i really dont like morrisey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭uma

Kill Uncle
    Well as you cant even spell his name right , the "atari jaguar" option is like you- null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ro_G

Your Arsenal
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Quite a few people consider Kill Uncle to be his worst.

TO BE FINISHED WOULD BE A RELIEF

Kill Uncle is a cracker, full of character like a good Randy Newman or Laughing Lenny Cohen.

That said, Morrissey solo for me has always been about a few stand-out tracks on each album, no album is complete for me, always a few turnips on them.

Morrissey solo is a mix tape. bit from this album, and a bit from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Im hetrosexual as ye all know but i would'nt mind if morrissey touched my mickey,this man hits the nail on the head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

evad_lhorg wrote:
    wheres the "atari jaguar" option in the poll.... cause i really dont like morrisey :D

Atari Jaguar is "other", and there are no others. Here's a radical idea. Don't vote! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Southpaw Grammar
    regadless of your favorite one its great to see how we all like different one, lets be honest if it were a poll on say oasis everyone would probily vote very similar. Mine is:
    1. Vauxhall and I
    2. YATQ
    3. ROTT and Maladjusted

I think Maladjusted is underated, its got some cringe worthy songs but trouble loves me etc, is amazing

Advertisement