Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Strokes song

Options
  • 15-10-2005 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Anyone heard the new strokes song, juicebox

It definitely shows them going in a rather different direction. I rather do quite like it though, its grittier than their other stuff, less bland and all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

it's brilliant from the kings of rock n roll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Another one leaked after Juicebox, "You Only Live Once" and that one is back to the same ol' Strokes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

plazzTT wrote:
    Another one leaked after Juicebox, "You Only Live Once" and that one is back to the same ol' Strokes.
    Oh god. And there was me thinking after liking Juicebox that they'd evolved a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Robbo wrote:
    Oh god. And there was me thinking after liking Juicebox that they'd evolved a bit.

i think i'd prefer them to keep doing what they're good at if juicebox is the best they can come up with. didn't like it at all. maybe its just me though...

you only live once > juicebox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭isthisit

i think its quite good. It grew on me loads after a few listens. Its more agressive than 'is this it' strokes. The solo's great. I can't wait for the album me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

Massive Strokes fan but still not convinced by Juicebox. Maybe I need to give it a few more listens

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Any links for a listen online??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

plazzTT wrote:

Damn actually quite got to liking the new song and was kind of hoping they'd given up on being bland and samey. Oh well cant wait for NME to tell us how they've saved rock and roll again :rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Okay, just listened to it. Jesus, my first impression is that it's dire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Just listened to it.....

Crapola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

The other tune, You Only Live Once, is fantastic. Don't think I'm allowed link to that one though cos it's a leak and not officially online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PipeDown

Juicebox is great. It's like the new Reptilia. But, much different.

I've managed to get hold of another 4 songs from their forthcoming album.

You Only Live Once
    On The Other Side
    Razor Blade
    15 Minutes Of Pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I like it.It's different but relativley the same if you get me?

Advertisement