Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test Question

Options
  • 15-10-2005 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I've got a provisional A license. I've heard that if I do the test on a 125cc bike, I will only get an A1 license, so would need to do the test again later if I want to get a more powerful bike. Does anyone know whether or not this is true ?

Assuming it is true, any recommendations on a good 250cc bike for beginners ?
    I'm thinking of getting a cruiser - though one downside I guess is that filtering through traffic will be difficult / impossible (not that I intend to filter for quite a while yet)!

thanks,

journeyman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It is true unfortunately, you should do your test on a bike bigger than 125cc, in reality of course this means a 250.

As for recommendations.......I was recently in your position. New to bikes and wanted a bike I could get a full A licence on and yet be under the maximum 33HP limit for provisional drivers, it's not as easy as you might think to pick one up!

Do you like cruiser style bikes? A 00 Virago 250cc would be good in that case, it fits the legal requirements anyway.

Advertisement