Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy in Galway?

Options
  • 15-10-2005 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Looking to buy a house in Galway. Can anyone give me adice on where is a good area to buy. Relatively close to the city and not too expensive....maybe up to £300,000 for 3-bed semi. Was thinking Cnoc an Oir or Doughishka, but haven't got a clue really!!!! :confused: Thanks a million you lovely people...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mate got a new house over in Tuam. Check there. It _used_ to have a bad rep (about 15 years ago), but its meant to be way better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't buy in Doughishka. In a few years that place will be nice but not now.
    At the top of the road, there's an estate where they moved the travellers from Hillside a few years ago. I wouldn't feel safe walking around there at night.
    I've seen shanty towns on the news in better state than that place. Washing machines and scrap metal lying around.
    Only one bus every half hour.
    The road is in bits due to construction traffic although it used to be far worse. I remember going jogging there when it used to be a country lane.

On the plus side, the Blackrock Hotel is a smashing little place.

Have you thought about Oranmore? Last poster is right, Tuam used to have a bad rep but it's fine now.
    If you want to live closer to the city, try WellPark or Renmore. As long as you don't mind students.
    Avoid Castlepark. Ballybrit is ok as is Mervue.

Advertisement