Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boards?

Options
  • 17-11-1999 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a new board to replace my Intel one.Would like to get a Slot1 to enable me to upgrade to P11/P111 at a later date when i get the money.Have a Celery at the moment so was thinking of getting a slocket(slot1 to 370 converter) with the board.anyway my queston is how much of a good idea is this?are there any problems I should know about?anyone try this already?anyone suggest a board and slocket? I was thinking of ABIT BE6-11 and ABIT slocket

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Pwah?
    Whats all this talk of Intel?!
    Why, AMD kick the $hit out of Intel for half the price!

[-socket7 RULES 4ever-]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭Gerry

I can sell you a chaintech 6btm
    bx board jumperless overclocking
    you cant adjust the voltage as easily but
    usually u dont need to. Very stable
    board. Im getting rid of it because i want
    to run my p3 450 at 560 but it wont
    let me because it wont do
    124mhz bus speed. It does overclock
    my p3 450 to 504 perfect tho
    for a celeron tho that wont matter.
    its very good for celeron overclocking
    only £70!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Coyler

Thanks for the offer Gerry but I've been lead to believe that ABIT are realising a new 370board and there are new BIOS for the old boards.I think I'll avoid the slocket if I can get a good overclocking 370 board.

Advertisement