Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changes in manorhamilton

Options
  • 15-10-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

dont know how many off you know the town off manorhamilton or have you been init lately but this week saw the end of a tradition in manor with the knocking down off the postoffice farrells draprey which was in the same family 4 nearly 70 years also gone is feeneyspub which was closed4 the last 5or6years also gone is the old guardsbarracks2 so it seems stange to say the least to see them all gone but b4 long new buildings will be there :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Havent been down manor way for years but I suspect that it is going the same direction as a lot of towns whereby "smaller" buildings are being knocked to make way for multi-storey buildings.

It would be sad to see buildings that are steeped in history and tradition being bulldozed.

But then again that is why there is a register of protected structures in place thereby protecting the most valuable of buildings and structures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lassie

ya muff it is sad 2c it but i suppose thats they way things are nowadays the pub that was there was a good1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

yes muff it is sad that old buildings like that are knocked down4 new devolopments not sure what is going up ithink its apartments plus some retail units and ithink a pub you would be surprised at the changes in manor since your last visit lot off new houses gone up i take you have connections with manor?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

roykeane16 wrote:
    i take you have connections with manor?
    Not really. I stopped off an odd time while on my travels and I recall getting rotten drunk in it years (and years) ago after a football match. Cant remember much about that night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Feeney's is gone, the old log cabin no longer.

I knew it was closed but what has happened to John and Anna.
    Farrels, my god when Lough Allen College (Drumkeerin) got their most recent principal, Stephanie Gibbons, they changed the uniform from the normal blue, to a green thing with a logo, this could only be purchased from Farrells.

Is the video store still there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement