Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Installed Some Water Cooling!!!

Options
  • 15-10-2005 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭

Well I just had to post it. I'm happy as a pig in shlt!!! I installed a Zalman Reserator and I'm pretty pleased with how generally easy it was. Thankfully I haven't destroyed my computer yet. Anyone seen a piece of wood???

I was rather trepidacious about the whole water cooling thing, I didn't want to destroy The Machine!! Best of all though is I managed to pick it up for free!! Woo Hoo. Just have to replace that Northbridge fan, it's a whiny little so and so.

Still though, I think my temps could definetly be better. 34c @ idle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Looks good man :), i was also nervous about going into the hole WC thing but its not to bad, just gotta be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

They're nto bad temps for the resterator, seeing as it is a fanless radiator, right? :)

Worry more about your load temps than idle temps :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    They're nto bad temps for the resterator, seeing as it is a fanless radiator, right? :)

That's true, it doesn't have a fan alright, it's fairly quiet.

So guys, what program do you use to test your system. To put it under load and monitor the temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Depends on the system. Check out Prime95 to put your system under serious load, and motherboard monitor (MBM) to monitor the temps reported by the hardware.

Also loop 3DMark05 to put your graphics card under load.

• Advertisement

Many thanks Wizzard,

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Great minds think alike...Just finished my watercooled Stacker but using Asetek gear rather than Zalman.
    Currently idles at 19c and load at 34c :D

wc2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I too have just finished installing my watercooling, well the processor anyway.

My room temperature is a toasty 23c and the cpu idles at 30c overclocked to 2.64 from 2.2 stock. Under full load of prime95 it reaches 37c
    Dangerden TDx and a big mofo radiator. Trying to find how hard i can push it. Currently at 240 FSB :D

wc7ol.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

hope I dont get boooo'ed off stage for this but...

whats the advantage of WC systems?

Snowball wrote:
    hope I dont get boooo'ed off stage for this but...

whats the advantage of WC systems?

Overclocking/noise/fun.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Overclocking/noise/fun.......
    So there is no or less noise from WC system?

Better and more efficient cooling system so you can overclock more. I can understand that.

The fun part, ok. As long as their are no leaks I assume :D

hopeful, where did you get the power connector for the pump? I like the look of that, i'm scared to death of switching on the pc and forgetting the pump :eek:

Dman_15 wrote:
    hopeful, where did you get the power connector for the pump? I like the look of that, i'm scared to death of switching on the pc and forgetting the pump :eek:

Iv got the same pump. I NEVER switch off my pc so its always on :).

Dman_15 wrote:

Its part of the Asetek kit. It feeds power to the pump and fan control unit.

guess i'll have to make something then. I've heard of flow meters that can be rigged into the motherboard power switch to shutdown the pc if the flow stops. anyone heard or know anything of these?

Dman_15 wrote:
    guess i'll have to make something then. I've heard of flow meters that can be rigged into the motherboard power switch to shutdown the pc if the flow stops. anyone heard or know anything of these?

Something like THIS should do the job I reckon.

Clearly hopeful your a man of quality! A stacker and an Abit board!

I reckon if I was going with a Water Cooling kit of choice I'd use the 3D Galaxy kit from Gigabyte. Crap name, but it seems to be getting excellent reviews!

Advertisement