Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy double whammy of Return of the Living Dead sequels, batman!

Options
  • 15-10-2005 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

www.returnofthelivingdead4and5.com

This should be of interest to some hardcore zombie fans. Two ROTL sequels that were filmed back-to-back, which are premiering on Sci-fi in the US this month, and likely released on DVD soon after that. Not very encouraging to be honest, but looking at the trailers, Necropolis looks pretty good.

Probably the usual B-Movie fair, but damned if I just don't love that kinda stuff.

Not to mention, it's got this freaky little thing going for it:

babe1-4.jpg

The trailer for part 5 looks fairly **** though, but I'll probably watch it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

love the thread title Karl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's a bit odd... Why are images disabled in the horror board? :confused:

Thanks though Tusky. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

They were shot in Chernobyl apparently. By the director of Eight Legged Freaks. Hopefully he'll have the sense of fun that made the first two films so camp and enjoyable. The third is good in its own right, but Yuzna took the series in a completely new direction.

I'm upset to hear that they're premiering on television though... I always assumed they were going to be theatrical, particularly with how popular gore movies have been over the last two years.

Yeah, Eight Legged Freaks was a good bit of fun B-Movie action, and although it was nothing amazing, that's the right kind of mentality for a ROTLD film. I'll agree with you that the third is also great, just completely different altogether and totally different in tone, it would probably have been a lot better appreciated is it was a standalone film, rather than part of the ROTLD series.

Isnt one of the ROTLD trilogy supposed to be far better than the others ? I had it in my head that it was the third...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Tusky wrote:
    Isnt one of the ROTLD trilogy supposed to be far better than the others ? I had it in my head that it was the third...
    Depends on who you talk to... Some people feel that the more farcical elements of the first two films (which are part comedy part horror) is insulting to the genre. Personally having seen pretty much every zombie genre picture worth its salt I think they're up there with the best of them. The perfect example of somebody who understood the genre taking it in a place that it hadn't been before. Thus the comedy and the horror fit together perfectly.

The third film is a far more traditional horror picture, directed by Brian Yuzna. It's a good flick, but it lacks the comedy that made the first two so original and stand out so much. It's my least favourite of the three, but don't take that as a warning against it... It's still essential viewing if you have even a passing interest in zombies.

Is one of them partially set in some sort of lab and has lots of coridoors...and has a super-zombie ? I could of sworn I saw something like that.

Tusky wrote:
    Is one of them partially set in some sort of lab and has lots of coridoors...and has a super-zombie ? I could of sworn I saw something like that.

Yeah, that would be the 3rd film. Wouldn't exactly be a super zombie, but it did have a zombie with some sort of mechanical exo-skeleton.

Vague memories of seeing it when I was a kid, I'll have to pick it up.

Advertisement