Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Store coming to Waterford

Options
  • 14-10-2005 6:45pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭

An ad in the jobs section of the Munster Express is looking for sales staff for the above Company. They are opening a superstore in Waterford.

Anybody have any ideas as to where they plan on opening up this Superstore.

They will be selling PC's, Audio & Visual equipment, and also white goods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.soundstore.ie/

they're down in Cork already I belive.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

yeah i think there are two stores down in cork. One out in Wilton and one on Princes Street but I have no idea where the one in Waterford is opening Leonard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good value does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What are "white" goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fridges, Cookers etc

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

White goods are cookers, fridges and so on.

Another electrical shop in Waterford can't be bad news.
    It will keep K&D competitive and hopefully Sherwoods can improve their customer service for goods sold. They stink!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

I was told today by the guy fixing my cooker that SOUNDSTORE is moving to the old Tom Murphy showrooms on Ballybricken. Anybody else confirm this.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tom Murphy's in BallyBricken...

Thats a fairly big site ok, but one would wonder, with more and more business moving out of town would this be a good location. I suppose if they are going to offer good value, people will make it there business to call up to them there.

Great post eirebhoys, Welcome to boards by the way. Its always good to see more waterford people joing up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Cheers Lenoard...

Remember Tom Murphys had a big car pool out the back so that means there is plenty of car parking spaces. Also I have a post on the computer threads its a problem with iframes on some sites! Maybe yourself or some other lads would have a look for me and i would greatfull for any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Hi everyone,

I was passing by Tom Murphy's yesterday ( Friday ) and there were people inside taking measurements. It looks like something is going in there fairly soon. It would be ideal for an electrical shop. Easy access and the premises are already in excellent condition.

• Advertisement

Well they have finally got here and are all set for their official opening here in Ballybricken on Thursday morning 1st Dec. Lets hope that they offer some good value and also some good competition to K&D and Sherwoods.

Well it finally opened yesterday and to be honest, doesn't look like it will do much damage to K&D. the shop is designed pretty well with a good range of lcd and standard TV's. Thay also seem to have a large range of kitchen appliances. The computer section did not have a whole lot to offer to say the least. A couple of HP machines and a few printers.

I suppose we will have to wait and see if they will have any special offers, although there were none to be seen on the opening day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Mossy Monk wrote:
    good value does anyone know?

Popped in yesterday (Thursday). Seem to be around the same price as Sherwoods for just about everything, but a less cluttered store. Heavy emphasis on Plasma/LCD and the showroom is very good for these.

One notable difference was the price charged for a stand for a 37" Panasonic LCD - €600 in Sherwoods - €219 in Sound Store. Don't know if it's the exact same one, but did the same thing!:)

Advertisement