Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Insurance

Options
  • 14-10-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I just had a very interresting talk with a Carole Nash representative. I'm between bikes at the moment & I have a frozen policy with them. I enquired about putting a 1989 GPz400r bike onto the policy. According to Mac Motorcycles, who are looking crazy money for classics, the limit for classic insurance is €350, regardless of the class or cost of the machine.

According to the bloke in Carole Nash, that's crap. He quoted me at €850, third party only, with the bike parked in a drive way, or €450 for a bike in a garage.

Just for the record I'm 35, male, living in Dublin. I've had a policy with CN for 6 years, but because of an accident during the year, I lost two years NCB, so in theory, I should have 4 years NCB at my next renewal date.

Has anyone got experience with getting classic insurance and what is the criteria they use?

Thanks

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hi,

I just had a very interresting talk with a Carole Nash representative. I'm between bikes at the moment & I have a frozen policy with them. I enquired about putting a 1989 GPz400r bike onto the policy. According to Mac Motorcycles, who are looking crazy money for classics, the limit for classic insurance is €350, regardless of the class or cost of the machine.

According to the bloke in Carole Nash, that's crap. He quoted me at €850, third party only, with the bike parked in a drive way, or €450 for a bike in a garage.

Just for the record I'm 35, male, living in Dublin. I've had a policy with CN for 6 years, but because of an accident during the year, I lost two years NCB, so in theory, I should have 4 years NCB at my next renewal date.

Has anyone got experience with getting classic insurance and what is the criteria they use?

Thanks

Keith

I had a 1979 KZ400 insured with them for €270, which was great. I'm 26 with a full licence and I think 1 years NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

My mate has app. 6 years NCB with CN and has a classic policy with them. He pays 350 odd a year and has a number of bikes covered under that, one of which is a GSX-R1000, 1989 model. Dublin address.

Advertisement