Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a big restaurant in city centre

Options
  • 14-10-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, does anyone know of any restaurants in town that would be big enough and willing enough to accomodate a group of about 200 people on Saturday night the 5th of November? We could even send 3 groups of 70 in three separate sittings. The kind of price range we'd be looking for would be about €8 a head. Ye're suggestions would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Jasmine Palace can cater for big crowds if you like Chinese food.
    dunno if you'll get much for 8 euros a head though... maybe Supermacs or another fast food joint would be a better bet? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah try mcdonalds or something...

€8 a head will get you nothing! Actually €8 in McDonalds might be a stretch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you might have a spot of bother getting a crowd that size into a restaraunt anywhere at such short notice.

You could try the Bank on o connell street, they are pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Whatever chance you have of finding a place to cater for 200 people you have no chance of getting a place for €8 a head.

You would probably be asked to leave the Chicken Hut or Donkey Ford's for €8 a head.

Your honestly going to be talking about alot more than €8 a head for any place to even think about taking 200 people on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

would it not be an idea to book a hall in a hotel and have a buffet or something. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'd definetely go with the Jasmine Palace if i were you but for €8 you wont get to much
    but the food there is the best in the whole city imo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Jasmine do a Sunday afternoon lunch buffet for about €18 or €20 I think but that it is always packed. Agree, their food is top notch.

PS I am hoping €8 was a typo by the OP.

A snack box and drink should cover that.

Advertisement