Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New James Bond 007

Options
  • 14-10-2005 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

It would appear that Daniel Craig is the new Bond.

I've personally only seen him in the Road to Perdition, and he was quite good. Otherwise I know little or nothing about him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nice one. I always thought he'd be the best choice but that he wouldn't get it because he wasn't enough of a 'name'.

Watch the mini-series OurFriendsInTheNorth to get a good demonstration of his ability ... as well as to just see a bloody great show into the bargain imho.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115305/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Imagine thou the embrassment....you have just landed your biggest role ever and one of the most famous in the World.....film makers are making a huge launch party for you at army barracks with you arriving it a speed boat.....nobody supposed to know....what happens?? day before you MUM goes around and tell everyone that will listen to her that her son is the new James Bond.....oh my GOD!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

I saw him in Layer Cake.

I think he'll be great - better than Bronsnan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I saw and liked him in Layer Cake as well. Didn't think he'd get the part to be honest but it's good that he did. Please tell me he's gonna dye his hair though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

But...but, he's blonde! Bond isn't blonde! And he lacks charisma. If Bond has one thing its charisma!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

cat they not just dye his hair like??i hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

the name's Blonde, James Blonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

they should retire the james bond series, the cold war is over and the recent films_(die another day, the world is not enough) are sullying the reputations of the greats like goldfinger and from russia with love.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Well now they should turn the attention to Terrorists or what have you. Plus i actually think the series has gone way to technical. Need to simplify it a bit. No more invisible cars please

Just one question, is there no one else out there who thinks Timothy dalton was a good Bond. I actually thought he was damn good for some reason, but no one else does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Lopper wrote:
    Well now they should turn the attention to Terrorists or what have you. Plus i actually think the series has gone way to technical. Need to simplify it a bit. No more invisible cars please

Just one question, is there no one else out there who thinks Timothy dalton was a good Bond. I actually thought he was damn good for some reason, but no one else does.
    Thats the idea here. They're supposed to be going back to Dr. No. basics - no gadgets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Thank God for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Lopper wrote:

I agree he bought some gravitas to the role, I cringe when I see Dalton written off as a flop Bond, both his flicks did well globally but 'flopped' in the States. The last Bond 'Die Another Day' was the most succesful yet in box-office terms but did'nt do well enough for the producers stateside...who cares where the money is made?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I liked Dalton as Bond too! He always gave an edgy feeling to the proceedings the two films he was in , as tho anything could happen.

I like Bond when he's a cynical, vicious, violent bastard (ala Connery or Dalton) and not some smarmy arsed git who seems more concerned about delivering the perfectly timed punchline rather than the procariousness of his current situation. (Moore and Brosnan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

wrote:
    It would appear that Daniel Craig is the new Bond.
    Thought he was out of the running, >But how wrong I was.> Big disappointment I think...all round..
    BUT I have a good feeling it will be his first Bond Movie and his Last..
    Not a good choice....

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!
    new007.jpg

Earlier Thread:[url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=305315&page=2&pp=20&highlight=james+bond[/url]Will the New James Bond please stand up?[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I must agree.He's not suited to that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Give him a chance! With the new Bond vibe of back-to-basics he could do well, though if the producers are so concerned about the US market they'll might regret the choice.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dalton was my favourite Bond.
    He was the closest to the Bond portrayed in the books.
    The Americans didnt like him though and he was Bond at a time when AiDS was rampant and promiscuity was frowned on.
    I am happy they are going back to basics as the last few Bond films were very poor,all action,lots of double entendres and very little plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You shouldn't write him off because of how he looks in that photo, you can be guaranteed he will have to grow his hair a bit and get plenty of makeup done to look the part. He is a good actor and could very well bring somehing new to the character. I was worried for a whie that Clive Owen would get the role since his acting in the past hasn't impressed me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I haven't seen much of him so I can't comment on his acting, but he just does not look the part at all. I'm a big Bond fan, and I think it's time they retired the series before they destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Tbh after seeing the brosnan films we are way past that. Brosnan was a fantastic Bond, but the films he featured in sucked. Personally I'm hoping they can salvage the series, and bring it back to the plots that made it so popular in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I’m surprised there are a good few who share my view that Dalton was good in the role.

To be fair to Brosnan, he can hold his own in a decent film (GoldenEye), the last two Bond films were just drool made too much to appeal to a young audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

He has a terrible stance.This is Daniel Craig i'm talking aboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

he has more of a look of a villian rather than a hero

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

I've been hoping it'd be him since I saw Layer Cake in the cinema.
    Brave choice, and I think he'll be great.

1340588.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It is a very brave choice. In my opinion, he's just not smooth enough looking. Bond must have charisma and smoothness, but yet leave you in no doubt that he'll rough you up good. But still look smooth.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

But look at that pic!
    The man is smooth, if you've seen Layer Cake you can't dispute that surely...
    I dunno, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Yeah I'm just very glad that Clive Owen didn't get the part. The guy does not impress me at all. This new Bond looks promising, IMO. The last 2-3 films have been pretty dire, IMO. Especially that one with the villain "who doesn't sleep". That was seriously lame.

Advertisement