Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big lebowski

Options
  • 13-10-2005 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Didn't know where else to post this, there's a film section but only for reviews only. There should be a board for films full stop (or have i missed it?).

Anyway was just wondering if the big lebowski has ever been released on dvd, cos I can't find it anywhere, really frustrating! The film is a classic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

yeah but thats only for reviews and awards and there's a big sticky at the top saying " anyone who posts anything but a review will be banned!".

Is there anything for my original question and can you answer it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i have this on dvd at least a year so i wonder where they got that oct 17 release date i got it in golden discs for a fiver or something bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

i got it in HMV, go in and ask them to order it if its not in the store. they should have it in about 1-2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

whoa now!

just saw that you answered my question just there. thanks!
    Now I'm not one for online buying partly due to the fact that i don't have a credit card but maybe I'll start. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, that's a link to the films board. The Review board is a sub forum of the films board.
    The second link link to the dvd on amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bstatic wrote:
    yeah but thats only for reviews and awards and there's a big sticky at the top saying " anyone who posts anything but a review will be banned!".

Is there anything for my original question and can you answer it?

You're going to the wrong page...those reviews and awards pages are sub-forums of the Film forum.

http://dvd-video.search.ebay.co.uk/big-lebowski_DVDs_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ2288

ebay search reveals 13 discs of this so I assume it's available elsewhere...dude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

weeeeeeeeee, moved to the film section.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

weeeeeeeeee, moved to the film section.....
    But he won't be able to find it now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Interesting link containing the views of the actors about the film.

http://www.giantmag.com/issue_07/dvd_lebowski.aspx#

via http://tcal.net/archives/2005/09/22/big-lebowski-article/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yep I have it on dvd so its out there, but if your not getting it online its going to be hard to find. I think I saw it out in virgin in liffey valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

tis a classic allright.

i recomended it to a buddy of mine, he bought it, hated it (freak) and gave it to me.

sweet.

i'm sure you'll be able to pick it up online.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

i seen it on sale in golden discs on henry street for €10 the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

You should do yourself a favor and buy the Coen Brother's boxset. Its one of the 4 films on there. Great set, and you'll find that in most stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

ive got this on pre-order

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You should do yourself a favor and buy the Coen Brother's boxset. Its one of the 4 films on there. Great set, and you'll find that in most stores.

Great set alright. Big Lebowski (one of the best films of all time, fact), Barton Fink, Hudsucker, and the classic Blood Simple - theyre selling it cheap in tower if im not mistaken.

I got it years ago on dvd.

It's my favourite movie. Gets better every single time you watch it.

Advertisement