Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with Netscape History

Options
  • 15-11-1999 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Any1 know how to print out History from Netscape showing the full history as it appears on the screen. I've tried cutting and pasting but that is not giving me the same details at all. Is there a program that allows you to browse the netscape.hst file. I need this for work btw wink.gif

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you tryin to get a detailed list on your moms pr0n browsing smile.gif

have you tried trusty old wordpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw Wordpad/Notpad are useless. What I need is something that will allow me to print out the history just as it appears on the the screen, showing the url when it was last visited, number of times visited etc. One of the employees here has been looking at sites that would make Gazza Glitters eyes water and the Boss needs printed proof so he came and asked me Joy Joy Happy Happy

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

There's a programme called Spider at this URl

http://www.webattack.com/freeware/security/fwcookie.shtml

But it only works for I.Explorer -
    does the job you're looking for though full history and print options.
    Maybe if you search the site a bit you'll find somethin for Netscape.

J.

Actually there's a shareware prog at

http://www.webattack.com/shareware/security/swcookie.shtml

called Complete Cleanup ... works with Netscape, gives full display might allow print out.

J.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 16-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

are you still looking for that ?
    I've a program which will do it. (on solaris anyway)
    mail me if you want it.
    clayton@ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I recommend telling your boss to fu<k off and sort it out himself, unless you're getting paid extra to spy on and incriminate your fellow employees. There was a documentary on this very subject on TV t'other night, the $hite some people are doing or having to put up with is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Errr CT I'm not going into all the details here but put it this way the person in question deserves whats coming.

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Fair nuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Erk, as much as I don't like dropping people in it... here's a suggestion...

If it's a Windows PC, you can just press the "Print-Screen/SysRq" key, and it'll save a snapshot of the screen to the clipboard, then just paste (you know 'edit' then 'paste' it into M$PAINT, or painshop pro (or whatever)...
    You can then print it from said application.

If you don't use Windows, just ignore this and stop laughing. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Also, Alt+Print Screen just takes the active window.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

Advertisement