Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why private

Options
  • 13-10-2005 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Why is this forum popping up in my PRIVATE list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Why is this forum popping up in my PRIVATE list?

Because its an "open" private forum and for those of you who are wondering, no we didnt do that by accident.

This club (for want of a better name for it) is at the REALLY early stages of its development and as such we need as many members as possible which is why it is currently open to everyone on boards.ie

However we have an upper capacity limit that will dictate when we have enough members and at that time we will shut the doors so that only existing members can view and comment in here.

That is the plan atm. Once again, I'll re-iterate my request that only topics regarding snowboarding, skiing or winter sports holidays are posted in here. If you have any info about winter sports resorts that you've stayed in, then please enlighten us with your opinions on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Why is it a private forum and not a public one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

kawaii wrote:
    Why is it a private forum and not a public one?

It would appear to be a dirty trick so that everyone will go "What the hell is this doing in my private forums list?!" and then you come here.

Its like pop up advertising, its a dirty trick but it works.

Lol, yes you've caught us red handed. Dirty trickery afoot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

OT Forgive my ignorance but how many private forums are there?
    Or is that information private?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Hagar there are loads of private forums. But I'm not willing to divulge any other information ;)

There are literally millions of private forums. No really there are.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

it worked....

i saw it and was like " wow, what teh heck is faceplant...."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Same here.

Alright, we're all aware now that this is a private forum. If you're interested in becoming a mem post to either the snowboarding or skiiing topic.

*pulls out his keys*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement