Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ! Ram & Mac Mini Problem

Options
  • 12-10-2005 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I recently got 512MB of PC3200U 30440.
    I read a lot of treads on this ram & it compadibilty with My Mac Mini.
    Now the Mac's stock Ram was 256MB of PC3200U 30331.
    after puting the Ram in.
    it was fine with no problems & the Mini worked well for about 3 hrs or so then came a darwin black & white screen error with 000000x & 00000x **** on the screen yet I could still see the desktop & Dock However noting worked so I took the ram out & put it back in. I'm testing it out now but I dont know how long the Mac will run before its next crash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Shadow_2k5 wrote:
    I recently got 512MB of PC3200U 30440.
    I read a lot of treads on this ram & it compadibilty with My Mac Mini.
    Now the Mac's stock Ram was 256MB of PC3200U 30331.
    after puting the Ram in.
    it was fine with no problems & the Mini worked well for about 3 hrs or so then came a darwin black & white screen error with 000000x & 00000x **** on the screen yet I could still see the desktop & Dock However noting worked so I took the ram out & put it back in. I'm testing it out now but I dont know how long the Mac will run before its next crash

That's a kernel panic. Are you sure the new RAM is compatible? Are you sure it's seated OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Double check that you have the correct RAM. I've used Crucial's Memory Advisor previously to determine what is the correct RAM to use. Check it out at http://www.crucial.com/eu/.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

sidekick wrote:
    Double check that you have the correct RAM. I've used Crucial's Memory Advisor previously to determine what is the correct RAM to use. Check it out at http://www.crucial.com/eu/.

Cheers!

Ditto ! Macs a very fussy about what RAM they use. As sidekick said use the Crucial or Kingston RAM selector. Komplett also have one that will help you choose the best product, that's where I bought 2x512MB DDR's for my G5.

ZEN

Advertisement