Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many robocops are there

Options
  • 12-10-2005 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

Rte has been showing further robocop sequels, categorising them as films are they ?

I only thought there was 3

the one where he gets shot to pieces, cops go on strike etc, kills rent a villian guy

the one with the kid who takes over the drugs cartel, and there that big other robot

ah i get confused, which one has the villian that they just take out his spine, and he has a face on viewing screen ?

and er the third one?

the one last month i flicked by everynow and again, had these three ladies who could interact with computers and two robocops and the bigwigs get gassed?

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=robocop;s=all

ah here's the info

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/r/robocop.htm

i thought i did see a good few episodes of robocop the series on sky a good few years ago

01:30 Screen Two: Robocop: Crash and Burn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There are only two. Just two. Say it slowly, repeat it until it becomes true.

There are a number of sequels and spinoffs to the first two, one theatrical sequel ("Robocop 3" apparently), a TV miniseries, a regular series and a few cartoons listed here.

RTE has indeed been showing the mini series and listing them as individual movies. I wouldn't class myself as a Robocop "fan" but the first two theatrical movies were pretty watchable good entertainment, albeit strictly entertainment that requires popcorn. Most of what followed was complete untainted crud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

sceptre wrote:
    There are only two. Just two. Say it slowly, repeat it until it becomes true.

There are a number of sequels and spinoffs to the first two, one theatrical sequel ("Robocop 3" apparently), a TV miniseries, a regular series and a few cartoons listed here.

RTE has indeed been showing the mini series and listing them as individual movies. I wouldn't class myself as a Robocop "fan" but the first two theatrical movies were pretty watchable good entertainment, albeit strictly entertainment that requires popcorn. Most of what followed was complete untainted crud.

Robocop 3 was written by Frank "Sin City & Dark Knight Returns" Millar. A footnote in his history that he'd rather ignore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mycroft wrote:
    Robocop 3 was written by Frank "Sin City & Dark Knight Returns" Millar. A footnote in his history that he'd rather ignore.

If only we could erase it from time the world would be a much better place, I almost cried when I saw it....I mean how could they do that to ED-209? :(

Advertisement