Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap films i want to see!

Options
  • 12-10-2005 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I have a few movies out there that i want to see despite the facts that i have heard many many times that they are terrible and I know i will be wasting a few hours of my life.

Crap movies that i want to see:
    - Constantine
    - Alexander
    - Kingdom of Heaven
    - Alien vs Predator

It is hard to motivate myself to see them when it seems that anyone i talk to shudders when i mention it.

So, are there any positive things to be said about these movies so that i can be motivated to see them? And what are your crap movies that you want to see?

(Maybe i just want to see them so that i can complain about them like everyone else and not feel left out!)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I 'missed' all those except Kingdom of Heaven which i surprisingly liked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I seen both Constantine and Kingdom of Heaven in the cinema and I enjoyed both of them. If I had the choice now I wouldnt pay another 8.90 to see them but they are worth a rent from xtra vision for a night in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

OY wrote:

Crap movies that i want to see:
    - Constantine
    - Alexander
    - Kingdom of Heaven
    - Alien vs Predator

QUOTE]

- Constantine - Thought this was quite good.
    - Alexander - Avoid like the plague, its pure garbage
    - Kingdom of Heaven - OK, watchable. Orlando Bloom is the king of cheese
    - Alien vs Predator - I enjoyed this. Storyline was ok. Action scenes and visual effects were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

i liked constanine ending was silly tho.twas funny in places.Then again i dont expect much from films starring Keanu Reeves.

i've seen so many crap films I dont know if there are any left... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Boy Eats Girl'

Looks as dodgy as hell, but the whole Irish comedy horror film makes it intriguing!

Probably an X-Clusive in Xtra-Vision in the coming months, so will pick it up then!

'American Pie: Band Camp'

Yes, a straight-to-DVD sequel to the American Pie films. Out in Xtra-Vision at the end of the month with the only recognisable cast-member still in it being Eugene Levy (who played Jim's Dad)... can't be good!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    Yes, a straight-to-DVD sequel to the American Pie films. Out in Xtra-Vision at the end of the month with the only recognisable cast-member still in it being Eugene Levy (who played Jim's Dad)... can't be good!! :rolleyes:

Oh my god I cant believe they did that.F*ucking Hollywood and their eagerness to milk everything from a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

Also seen all 4 of those...

Personally I didn't think any of them were that bad. They all sufficiently entertained me for the 2-3 hours each and I certainly don't regret seeing them if only b/c it's always good to know what everyone is talking about. :)

Alexander - thought the battles were great though might lose a lot on the small screen...

Kingdom of Heaven - not unlike Alexander...

Constantine - pretty good effects in some parts...

Alien vs. Predator - pretty straight up action / slasher type of flick, fun enough if you're up for it *shrug*

They weren't great but I didn't think any of them were offensively bad - unlike Jeepers Creepers, just had to throw that in there, man I hate that film. That said, I don't particularly ever want to see any of them again!

As for crap films I want to see... I have a burning desire to see 'Manos' the Hands of Fate mainly because I've seen it down on the bottom of IMDb for years. It's being made difficult by the fact that I don't want to pay for it... I almost got my hands on a copy recently and am still hopeful that it will show up soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ive only seen Constatine - if you like your films confusing as hell (i honestly didnt know what was going on for the entire 2nd / 3rd acts) but still oddly entertaining, this is a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

saw constantine, it butchered the comic, and i can say it is the equal of......hmmm lets see, i spose end of days.

thats a good comparison, cause in both the lead gets the s**t kicked out of them.

if you ve seen end of days, constantine is like that except he knows a few tricks
    that allow him to exorcise demons and get into hell

really wanna see alien vs pred. g/f wont let. i am so whipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

Can't say I've seen any of the 'craptastic four' mentioned - although I was this close (puts index and thumb really close together) to seeing Constantine. I've seen the perhaps lengendarily bad "Swept Away" starring none other than Madonna. Now that's a crap film you'd want to see.

• Advertisement

Ah it was better than End of Days. That film was terrible couldn't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I love Constantine! Apparently it does butcher the comics, but never in my life have I read a Hellblazer comic so I don't really care! :p
    I also kinda enjoyed Alien Vs. Predator....could have been a whole lot better, but in my view better than it was given credit for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i saw constantine liked it but the ending was just stupid tbh. saw alexander too and i quite liked it, well it wasn't as bad as everyone said imo... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Constantine - Actually quite good imo, never read the comics, but an enjoyable flick, thought the ending was kinda pants though.

Alexander - The Macadonians are from Dublin.... apparently. Acting is dire, and is simply awfully paced and layed out, however the 2 main battles were both excellent.

Kingdom of Heaven - Absolute dribble, not even the battles can save this one, the fights arent too bad, but Alaxanders were better, and the acting is in this is no better either, not to mention the insane far fetchedness of it all.

Alien vs Predator - Tripe, one good fight in it, rest was awful, and the pacing was just terrable, near 40minutes of nothing to start and when the action does start most of it is poorly done, not to mention the GummyBears were scarier, since when was it a good idea to
    put a facehuggers leap in bullet time? please tell me that it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

- Constantine - Really enjoyed this, so /me bought it.
    - Alexander - :eek:
    - Kingdom of Heaven - Left about half way through. (aka: abysmal)
    - Alien vs Predator - Hard to see what's going on a lot of the time. Don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

The Matchmaker - Some little known Irish film that i saw a bit of a while ago and am dying to see again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For research purposes Alien vs. Predator is worth a watch. It is the only film ever made without any redeeming features. So bad it's terrible. (well maybe you could say the same about the xXx films but at least the first one had asia argento).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I wanted to see Constantine.....I saw it and...well......It was crap.

Advertisement