Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finally back - 1 bike accident later - whats the scoop on x1800xt's and crossfire???

Options
  • 12-10-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Man that was a pretty bad accident.. the pain is killing me.. but im finally home

So wats the scoop on the new tech. I want to start building new rig asap.. new tech from ati available and any good?? i would do a google.. but im knanckered and going to go to bed.

would like 2 x 1800xt's in crossfire... but is it available yet??? Or any good?? (resolution problem turn out to be true??)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Good to see you back and healthy, sorry about the bike though. Wizzard started a thread on the new Crossfire cards, should be on page 1 or 2 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Good to see you back and healthy, sorry about the bike though. Wizzard started a thread on the new Crossfire cards, should be on page 1 or 2 :).

ah thanks man, im honestly lucky to be alive, helmet saved my life..phew. nearly licked the dust :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek: welcome back...in one piece...hope yah have a speedy recovery..

CC

CombatCow wrote:
    :eek: welcome back...in one piece...hope yah have a speedy recovery..

CC
    thanks mate. once the pain is gone il be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair played to ya man. Hope you get well soon..

The new X1800's seems to be pretty impressive.. They are definetly on a par with the 7800GTXs but the news is that they will come into their own as games start to utilise newer techs such a SM3.0 and HDR fully..

The current implementation of Crossfire with the X850's seems to have only had a paper launch.. The rumours around the res and refresh limits turned out to be pretty true in the end..

Seemingly these limitations will not exist with the X1800s..

• Advertisement

Fair played to ya man. Hope you get well soon..

The new X1800's seems to be pretty impressive.. They are definetly on a par with the 7800GTXs but the news is that they will come into their own as games start to utilise newer techs such a SM3.0 and HDR fully..

The current implementation of Crossfire with the X850's seems to have only had a paper launch.. The rumours around the res and refresh limits turned out to be pretty true in the end..

Seemingly these limitations will not exist with the X1800s..

so the when the x1800xt's are released in november does that include the crossfire editions???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They'll probably be H106

SyxPak wrote:
    They'll probably be H106

H106???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Glad you're alright. :)

Surely the x1800xt's will be way more than the 7800gtx's in nov, yet for the same performance?

Einst&#252 wrote: »

Surely the x1800xt's will be way more than the 7800gtx's in nov, yet for the same performance?

thanks mate

i dont kno, i think the prices will be roughly the same.

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »

There's alot of extra silicon on the R5xx series for fruity HDR modes and extra image quality (IQ) features. Essentially for the same game settings you'll get better IQ at the same performance as the 7800GTX. That's what I've gathered from recent perusals - whether it'll bear out in actual real-life games is another question altogether.

reading up a lot on this and getting advise from people and it seems the best thing to do is avoid the 1st crop of crossfire solutions. Id say il end up with 2 x 7800's at this stage.. seems safer

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

Hey guys im back again tryin to sell more ATI cards, only jokin but im tryin to get my hands on some x1800xt's. I will know for sure next week and will let yez know how much i'll sell them for! I still dont know for sure if i can get them yet so i'll let you know how i get on! The guy that supplied me with ATI cards is arranging to get them right now :D

Hey guys im back again tryin to sell more ATI cards, only jokin but im tryin to get my hands on some x1800xt's. I will know for sure next week and will let yez know how much i'll sell them for! I still dont know for sure if i can get them yet so i'll let you know how i get on! The guy that supplied me with ATI cards is arranging to get them right now :D

WOW if u can get x1800xt's ASAP then i will go for them. PLEASE let me know if u can get them and put me down for 2 (providing they arent ridiculously priced). I have cash waiting.. Let me know .. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

No bother mate, like i said its not guaranteed yet and i should know within a week! Im hoping to get 1 or 2 myself too. Im sure if he can get them it'll be a good price. And the official release is not for a while so i dunno if he can get them any sooner tbh! :)

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3668

Interesting, landmark result too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Good to hear your ok man! Check out XtremeSys for the low down on OCing these babys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

gline wrote:
    Man that was a pretty bad accident.. the pain is killing me.. but im finally home
    Just throwing one out there...maybe you should save your money and buy a car!! :D Hope you have a speedy recovery.

aaf wrote:
    Just throwing one out there...maybe you should save your money and buy a car!! :D Hope you have a speedy recovery.

ah il get a car sometime, need a decent pc first to keep me occupied. i just ordered this monster (PCP&C Turbo-Cool 1KW) Checkout the specs.. its being delivered 21st of oct . 1000watt power supply.. now thats OVERKILL, heheheh. Planning a monster pc. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

No bother mate, like i said its not guaranteed yet and i should know within a week! Im hoping to get 1 or 2 myself too. Im sure if he can get them it'll be a good price. And the official release is not for a while so i dunno if he can get them any sooner tbh! :)

hey man,

if you can source these cards earlier, then let me know too, will defo take one.
    if it doesn't work out I guess I will put myself on the waiting list somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Glad to hear your well, any cool scars?

Glad to hear your well, any cool scars?

thanks man. yah big badass scar on my right leg and smaller one on my left, hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

glad to see your okay dude.

That is some psu you have ordered you must be planning one bigass mofo of a system with that.

Anyone else to lazy to google here you go http://www.frozencpu.com/psu-176.html

As for overclocking the X1800Xt have a look at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77157&page=1&pp=25Radeon X1800 XT (GPU: 1 GHz / Memory: 1 GHz 2dmode!!)
    and a couple of scores; http://www.soneraplaza.fi/tietokoneet/artikkeli/0,2998,h-9110_a-310025,00.htmlits finnish but the pics speak for themself.
    12419.png

Advertisement