Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query: Working @ Eircom, Eastpoint

Options
  • 12-10-2005 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick query for anyone working in Eircom over at Eastpoint Business Park.
    What are they like to work for?
    Is the pay decent?
    On the 'Mind numbing™' scale of 1-10, where are we looking at?

Just any info really. Possible job there soon on the BB support.

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I worked at their helpdesk for a while a couple years back. Their fine to work for, its easygoing enough, they let you play games as long as your hitting whatever targets they set you.

One word of advise though, if your hired through the recruitment agency, make sure you get your timesheet in on time everytime. Otherwise you'll be left waiting ages for your cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

BB support is separate from the residential helpdesk (which is being contracted out shortly, though it's staying in eastpoint)

from what I saw of it looked ok - though I think they work shifts. if you know your stuff there are opportunities to get into other areas (corp support, road engineer, noc)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I believe it is shift work alright. Well, 1-10pm or similar.
    It's through a recruitment agency.

Unsure whether to take them up on it. (jobless at the mo)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take them up on it if you're jobless. Pay is crap, work is crap, company is crap, customers are crap (but when aren't they?), but it'll pay the bills.

That said, if they're contracting out the residential support desk, and you go straight into BB support, it won't be *so* bad. Otherwise you get told the job is BB support, but you could be left on dial-up support for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Fairly certain it's BB support. I'll weep if it ain't.
    We'll see. Cheers for the input lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Just finished a year there.
    The way it works, now with Stream (who i refused to sign with thus left heh), 6months probabtion, premanent contract starting on 19250 with quarterly bonuses based on performance and pay increase yearly (something stupid like 1 or 2%), sick pay, pension (optional), monthly pay.

Generally speaking you're on dialup support for the first 2 months at least, but broadband is extremely busy so if you're any way decent you'll get trained up quicker.

I really enjoyed my time there tbh, always had a good laff, but then I wasn't working for Stream, they run things differently, used to be very laid back not sure what its like now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Dell outsource HSB desktop/portable early life support to Stream in Derry - all the guys there seem happy enough with their jobs? Can get very busy though, depending on sales. There could be a month where every tom dick and harry's bought a new PC and every other call is going up to them.

But in general they seem like happy enough people, suppose different client might change things.

Advertisement