Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i know this is tec but dose kinda apply

Options
  • 09-11-1999 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right in july i bought a computer brand new since then its broken about 4 times and now its broken 2 times in the last week bringing it up to 6 times now im wanting my money back in full am i allowed anyone know exactly ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Depends on what happened when it got broken... and more importantly what the poeple who fixed it did to it.

Check your warranty seal... if it was broken in one of the repair jobs you'll have a hard time gettin your cash back off any but the most festively spirited dealers.

J.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 09-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, depends on who you have the warranty with...
    They'll either replace the system (if it's completely fu<ked), or repair it to a fully-working state (if it's only slightly fu<ked).

I reccon that it's much better to build your own system... these factory-made computers are just $hite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Howya,

couple of things to note:

- if it's dell or gateway you're sorted, they've a 3 year std guarantee (or did when I got mine)
    - did you get the original dealer to do the repairs? Then you're still sorted.
    - there's probably no warrenty seal on the pc (I thought only Macs had those!!)
    - if you do get money back and want to buy a pre-manufactured PC (rather than building) get any brand so long as it's Dell. They're cheapest anyway (don't mind those dozy GW ads, they've lower spec if you look carefully)

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

True i'd go for Dell,

We had a fair few problems with Gateway for the comps in the office here.

If you're gettin a custom build tho .. make sure you get a decent contact ... the first custom i ever had done for myself fell apart ... combination of good parts i asked for and bad ones i never specified .. plus no consideration as to what hardware might compliment other hardware and what might not.

J.

ps- Most PC's still have lil warranty sticks inside over the HD or processor casing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well i know the guy who made it and i saw him take the cover off once and not do anything with it . i also know the guy who ownes it . hehehe , so i might get my money back . plus i used to put computers toghter for them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Dells are good solid machines, Use the m here in work. He got 10 gateways as a trial and the F'in things are always breaking down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

yes id aggree gate way do aloways seem to go slower then most of there counterparts even if they both have the same components for some reasons .

Advertisement