Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I heart skiing, sign me up

Options
  • 11-10-2005 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

The same as the snowboarding one...but your a two planker...post a hello....ah gwan, dont be afraid...the snowboarders wont hurt you...promise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Shad0r many ppl may not know about private you may want to post on After Hours infoming ppl about this forum and the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

may i have access..i svear i'm toastally l3337????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Shad0r many ppl may not know about private you may want to post on After Hours infoming ppl about this forum and the point of it.

I'm sure that hardly anyone know about it yet, seeing as its only a day or two old...Thanks for the advice but we know what we're doing ;)

PLEASE ONLY POST TO THIS TOPIC IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT JOINING THE SNOWBORADING/SKIING CLUB. EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE DELETED.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love skiing but I've been able to go for a couple of years, maybe this winter? I've skied in France and the States and I'm not too bad, once I remember how my knees work ;)

I've never tried snowboarding, I've wanted to but just never got around to it. Plus the fear of having to start all over again from scratch and all the falling over that entails was rather putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ooohh i tried a few years ago and enjoyed it so ill join, but is there a 30 day rule like dr demento?

BTW: just read the charter, and its been a while since i was on the snow, so do i qualify since technically im a noob to skiing

• Advertisement

yeah your experience level is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

love skiing me. Going to Bulgairia in feburary - anybody been before?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Sparky_S wrote:
    ooohh i tried a few years ago and enjoyed it so ill join, but is there a 30 day rule like dr demento?

BTW: just read the charter, and its been a while since i was on the snow, so do i qualify since technically im a noob to skiing

that rule isnt there anymore ;)

Maybe sometime if an event is planned in far enuf advance I can come over for it,
    it could be fun :)

Maybe sometime if an event is planned in far enuf advance I can come over for it,
    it could be fun :)

Well we will start to plan the Feb/Mar 2007 trip pretty early in 2006 (like probably around the start of August) just because with a larger group availability in apartments and hotels and such rapidly declines as time goes by beyond that point. It'll all be well publicised anyway with flashing lights and bells and possibly whistles.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Oh, sign me up.

Been skiing a few times now, once to somewhere in the alps, but not entirely sure where, think it began with a 'V', and also been to Andorra the last couple of years as well.

Oh and I'm going bobsledding in December as well, but I guess that doesn't count. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Oooohhh just found this! Count me in. Just ordered my season pass! Hopefully get my first outing the weekend after next :)

Loads of snow here. Started last friday and has snowed every day since and that's in low-lying areas! And now to play with some wax..

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Going to Cervinia this Christmas, can't wait. Was half tempted to try a go at snowboarding, but alas it's been a while since I've been on ski's and I just wanna have a bit of fun and not be stuck on the baby slope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sign me up. Missed the last two seasons cos I've little twin girls but I'm going this season. Skiiing ftw - Snowboards are just boy-racers on planks :D

Haven't been to Livignio myself but friends have and they say it's great. Been to Val D'Isere, Val Thorens and Sauze D'Oulx - best of them was Val Thorens.

Advertisement