Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube repairs.

Options
  • 11-10-2005 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello all,

Is there anywhere in Dublin where I can get my Gamecube repaired?

I got in some SCART cables for the cube and the dreamcast to hook them up to a 5-way SCART block and the block into the telly.

Going from the Gamecube to the telly directly worked fine, ditto with the DC, however hooking them up via the SCART block caused a problem:

When I switched on the Gamecube the light went on then off. Nothing on the screen. switched it off then on, no light on now and nothing on the screen. The fans do spin up and remain so.

I've disconnected everything, left it for an hour and still I get this when I reconnect. I think I've blown the arse off one of the components :(

I'm rightly pissed off, Its been a great little machine up until now.

So, is there anywhere in Dublin where I can get my Gamecube repaired?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could you not contact Nintendo customer service. They should have a repair policy.

The guy at www.dvdireland does repairs but I don't know if he will do a GC repair. Give him an email.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If your GC is less than 2 years old, Nintendo in England cover all repairs afaik. So if it's a relatively new GC, check with them first.

If that doesn't do the trick (or if you've got an old GC), then it's probably not worth getting it fixed because to get a secondhand one in good condition (or a brand new one in some shops, I know Virgin were selling them off for 50 euro a while back) is so cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

If your GC is less than 2 years old, Nintendo in England cover all repairs afaik. So if it's a relatively new GC, check with them first.

If that doesn't do the trick (or if you've got an old GC), then it's probably not worth getting it fixed because to get a secondhand one in good condition (or a brand new one in some shops, I know Virgin were selling them off for 50 euro a while back) is so cheap now.

Aye, I bought it almost a year ago, I think. I feckin lost the receipt. I can't believe I did that. I rang Nintendo and they said they'd accept an old credit card statement as proof of purchase in lieu of a receipt, This seems odd to me because it wouldn't show up on the statement what was bought, only the amount and the place of purchase. When I get my old statements, I'll ring again to confirm this.

I bought it in Game on Dawson St. and I used my loyalty card with it. I wonder if I ask them is there a way they can track back my purchase that I can send along with the statement.

Any Game employees hang around on Boards.ie?

Thanks for the replies so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I know RainbowKirby works in Game if that's of any help to you.

quon wrote:
    Aye, I bought it almost a year ago, I think. I feckin lost the receipt. I can't believe I did that. I rang Nintendo and they said they'd accept an old credit card statement as proof of purchase in lieu of a receipt, This seems odd to me because it wouldn't show up on the statement what was bought, only the amount and the place of purchase. When I get my old statements, I'll ring again to confirm this.

I bought it in Game on Dawson St. and I used my loyalty card with it. I wonder if I ask them is there a way they can track back my purchase that I can send along with the statement.

Any Game employees hang around on Boards.ie?

Thanks for the replies so far.
    You called? :p

Yes, your purchase can be tracked using the loyalty card. Go into Dawson St during office hours (Monday-Friday, 9-5) and give them as many details as you can (roughly when it was bought, and your loyalty card number). If it was within the year, they can get the transaction number and they can replace it under warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

To let any interested parties know,

I went into Game on Dawson St. today and got talking to the bloke I was chatting with yesterday who told me to come in with the faulty cube and my loyalty card so as he could try and sort something out for me. I think his name was Paul.

Anyway, the man couldn't have been more helpful. He got my details from Game in England and found out it was still in warranty, had a look in the store for a replacement which they unfortunately didn't have. So he rang around and found that they had a platinum one over in Henry St. and got one of the assistants to hold it for me and gave her the relevant info. When I went over there she had it waiting for me. I had to pay a fiver for it, which I'm guessing is to do with the new environmental tax thing they recently introduced here.

So after only 3 days since, I now have a brand new fully working Gamecube. I thought I'd be weeks without a system, but it was all sorted out quickly and without fuss.

Fair play to the lads and lasses in Game. Thanks.

P.S: Rainbow Kirby, could you pass on my regards to that bloke Paul, he was very accommodating. I appreciate it.

Glad you got everything sorted. :)

BTW, evad_lhorg works in Dawson Street, so he'd be the best person to pass that on to.

Advertisement