Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All movies that remind people of WTC delayed.

Options
  • 13-09-2001 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Some Arnie Movie and Spiderman were the only 2 I could remember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The Arnie movie is Collateral Damage - about a firefighter who's wife and child are killed in a bomb blast. (pulled from release indefinitely)

Also delayed because of the WTC tragedy are: ... and more.

Spider-Man is having it's release date put back "to allow for more time for special effects, postproduction, etc." and will star "Macho-Man" Randy Savage.

-.-.-.-.

Movie studios are also now saying they will be less likely to take on epic disaster movies in the short-term future...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The $treet was replaced by the movie; Philidelphia tonight on TV3.
    The $treet is a tv series about US stockbrokers (ouch), only started screening two weeks ago on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

If you're really itching to see some Arab terrorist stuff, I recommend The Siege, with Bruce Willis and Denzel.

It's oddly enough about a spate of terrorist attacks in NYC by Arabs. Made around 1998 I think. Pretty good to watch (especially the water torture bit, and the whole thing is about tracking down the cells, like they are talking about on CNN, and how the CIA funded them in 1980s......again like they are talking about on TV (some TV ....:) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

UCI and other chains are reported to be pulling SwordFish. Not, I suspect, because JT plays a gung-ho kick-ass no-limits anti-terrorist (? hello? could he be George Bush in disguise) but rather because it's a load of ****e. Even with eight seconds of Halle Berry's titties and that fantastic opening sequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

8 seconds? I was going to give it a miss....but now I'm reconsidering............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

not worth the 8 seconds.

> JT plays a gung-ho kick-ass no-limits anti-terrorist

Actually he plays a crook who steals money by doing a "fundraiser".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I remember seeing the Spiderman trailer just a few weeks ago, with the spider web between the WTC. Crazy. I think Tom Clancy's The Sum Of All Fears, with Ben Affleck will be put off, as i think there's a nuclear attack in mainland America during the film (well, there was in the book anyway).

Speaking of Clancy, in Debt Of Honour (Spolier), a commercial plane is driven into the White House by a terrorist at the very end, or so my dad told me when he read it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

all those movies are pretty good i'd say if you got your hands on a real or two now with the WTC in it , it would be a valuble asset in the future

Debt Of Honour is actually a good book, but as with all clancy books you need to read it twice so that you can understand what the dickens is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Superman
    Debt Of Honour is actually a good book ..

Better than "Rainbow Six" ?? Cause that was a damn good book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

'The street' on tv3 is actually really good.... for tv3. i knew they wudnt show it thurs nite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by SweetBirdOfTruth
    UCI and other chains are reported to be pulling SwordFish. Not, I suspect, because JT plays a gung-ho kick-ass no-limits anti-terrorist (? hello? could he be George Bush in disguise) but rather because it's a load of ****e. Even with eight seconds of Halle Berry's titties and that fantastic opening sequence.

I though swordfish was a good film :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not, I suspect, because JT plays a gung-ho kick-ass no-limits anti-terrorist (? hello? could he be George Bush in disguise

Thought he looked more like Clinton towards the end (yes, yes, I've seen Primary Colors haha, but I thought he did)

Halle Berry was looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

UCI and other chains are reporte eight seconds of Halle Berry's titties
    Its actually about 20 but only seems like 8 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Anyone starving for disastor flicks shouldn't worry, soon watching CNN's coverage of Afghanastan will seem like every other modern hollywood epic. Plus we'll probably know more about troop deployments than the generals! Thank God theres no tv in Afghanastan....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But what about AI? the WTC is 'delapidated' towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i notice that AI wasn't delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well AI came out in the states before sept 11th; it's a bit difficult to alter a film when it's already on general release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i didn't realise that they were just being delayed over there. If that is the case, i retract my previous statement. goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

...there actually going through the entire Spiderman film and digitaly removing any shot of the WTC....

If you ask me, the whole thing is a bit silly. I'd hate to think that anybody would actually be offended that an ex-building is in a film.... they could dedicate it "in the memory of..." or whatever.

oh well, Hollywood blows! What ever happind to the german film industry? Metropolis, Nosfuratu, M, etc..... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

a bit off-topic :)
    the wtc is still seen in that kombucha ad on tv !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Just watched Fight Club again, I'd say that ending would have delayed the movie had it been on schedule for release later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

oh **** ya, i can imagine that, ****!

but completely different, planes, soap...ah okay then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Cool- Macho Mans coming back!

Ya'll dig?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Back to Swordfish... whats wrong with it? I thought it was great... one of those movies that has you feeling 'fulfilled' as you walk out... good action bits, music, Halle Berry, the list goes on! The ending is good also - I'd just like to take this opportunity to slag the s**t out of the Tomb Raider ending by the way...

Advertisement