Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD 3000+ Temps

Options
  • 11-10-2005 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the temps for this should be? At stock 1.8 Ghz it would idle around 37/38 and now it's a 2.0Ghz and idles at 43. Is that too high or at what point shold I stop Oc'ing with regards to temp if everything is stable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Mine idles at around 21 and maxes out at 29 under load.
    at 1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

****, that's cool! What cooling do you have? I've the stock cooler and a wavemaster with the stock 3x80mm fans, all controlled by the cool'n quiet feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

mine is non standard cooler, at 1.8 it ideles about 28 and hits 35 under load. clocked to 2.0 it hit 38 at load and idles at about 30. cooler is a zalman copper/alu does the job and not as price as the full copper.

After a cold start my temps are at 29 already even at 1.8 and goes up to 34 before levelling off. Any cause for concern or when should I start getting worries?

There was a BIOS option to set the CPU fan target. Now it's @ 2.0ghz @ 41.5 degrees under full load. I'm happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Mine is overclocked to 2.4. Idles around 34, with the fan at 1/4 speed. Load at 43, with the fan at full speed.

Stock cooler? Any idea what 1/4 speed is in RPM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Different motherboards, different reporting of temps. Take it with a grain of salt...... sometimes there can be 10'C in the reported difference while the chip is running at the same temp.

Yours should be grand nothing to worry about......

Plus if you have Cool N Quiet enabled that will effect your idle temps. Comparing load temps (ie when running Prime95 - google for download) is far more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Simona, mine is with an XP-90 with a generic 92mm fan. Just had a look-see, turns out it's running at 800 rpm when on slow speed. Full speed is 2600 rpm.

Advertisement