Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two new bands

Options
  • 11-10-2005 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

The arctic monkeys and Test Icicles

The arctic monkeys are brilliant i think back to basics

Test icicles never really heard much like it

What are everyones thoughts on these new bands

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

more info padre.

where can we hear them? where are they from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Went to the trouble of acquiring some Arctic Monkey songs the other day and I gotta say, I like what I'm hearin' thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pandy

Artic monkeys are a truly excellent new band, mate of mine went to see them in belfast not so long ago and said it was one of the best gigs hes been at in a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Both are fairly poor imo. Artic Monkeys the better of the two....

Same as all the new Guitar bands around

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Went to the trouble of acquiring some Arctic Monkey songs the other day and I gotta say, I like what I'm hearin' thus far.

oh really how ever did you come across them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah I have to say I like the Arctic Monkeys alot. I bet you look good on the dance floor, is a brilliant song.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i heard of the test icles before, not bad

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Arctic Monkeys arent too new... good though.

Test Icicles eh?... perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

The B-side to I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys is called "Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts" and I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a song. Very funny lyrics.

The new single version of I Bet You Look Good is probably better than the video version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

prob get in trouble for this but who gives a f**k

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0SOEFZZELMYG22KYYJO87CAJHE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

I hated the acrtic monekys tracks i had for so long but soon they just sort of infect you. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

the arctic monkeys are quite good. their new song is great and has a kick ass video..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Nice one, eoinf!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

anyone been watching the programme on MTV, think its called A-cut or something, basically bands are competing to be support act for Anastasia (dunno why though, though she is hot).

just wondering if anyone has any music from the final two bands, "Youth of Britian" & er, I've actually just forgotting the name of the other band. I'm sure someone out there knows who Im talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I've never been one for dicovering bands before they become massive but with the Arctic Monkeys I know I've hit a goldmine. Been into them for 6 months now listening to their demos and live recordings. So raw, energetic and they are band with a cross betwwen Oasis and the Libertines for pop/rock perfection I've dreamed about. I went to see them at Whelans in August and they absolutely blew me away. My favourite songs of theirs are Fake Tales of San Fransisco, I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor, Scummy, Mardy Bum, Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts.... all fabulous tunes. Their sound may not be the most unique but they have the songs and I've no doubt they will be the band of 2006. Also I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor is expected to hit UK top 5 unheard of for a band debut single.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

HypehypeHYPE

they are band with a cross betwwen Oasis and the Libertines for pop/rock perfection.

if you can hear oasis in any of their records you need your ears checked.
    good band , but the NME and the REAL Zane (cock face ) Lowe are already licking there balls and setting them up for a big junkie/shagging models scandal . they havent even released a single yet.

anyone care to share some test icicles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Arctic Monkeys... Test Icicles...

What terrible names for bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

i agree with the second one, but artic monkeys is kinda a cool name

COCK wrote:

Test icicles never really heard much like it

Please please please download some music by Brainiac...mid 90's American group who finished sadly. However, you're able to hear more than traces of Test Icicles in their sound!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I was in to the arctic monkeys for a bit now and what do you know they look like they're going to have a no1 single. Ah well i'm gonna have to hate them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 QUEEP

hey people, we've got both of their latest videos available for free (legal)download at these pages if you wanna check em out.....

http://www.queeporganicmusic.com/artisthtml/gentesticicles.htm

http://www.queeporganicmusic.com/artisthtml/genarticmonkeys.htm

"I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" was number 1 in the NME chart last week...

"Circle, Square, Triangle" is our own favourite.. tho both these groups rock for sure.. am going to the test Icicles london date on nove 4th myself.. cant wait!!!!!

anyhows hope you enjoy the videos..., both tracks can also be played in our player (top, left of site)

speaking of new(ish) bands, anyone got any info on a band from the north called the answer someone recommended them to me and cant find much info on them.

arctic monkeys number one in the uk singles chart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

eoinf wrote:
    arctic monkeys number one in the uk singles chart

Well deserved. Yes there is ''hype'' surrounding them but I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor is an absolute stormer of a track and one of the songs of the year IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

What did i tell ya? I can see the future, or just rip off what i've read in other places. To be honest, I never really saw them as a band doing well in the singles chart. They don't really have the "commercial" appeal of franz ferdinand or kaiser chiefs. Ah well long may it continue, take that sugababes.

Advertisement